Gamepad

Challenger2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...
1 minute ago, Toxzic said:

how to configure gamepad axis? I am trying to simulate challenger2 gunner handle. Axis config will not swap the axis. 

Welcome!

Sorry, but no idea.

BTW, you do know that the rest of this thread is almost ten years old?

Edited by Gibsonm

1 hour ago, Gibsonm said:

Welcome!

Sorry, but no idea.

BTW, you do know that the rest of this thread is almost ten years old?

It's not fair to chastise people for not using the search feature and then chastise people for resurrecting old threads.

Also, why would even respond to a thread if you have no idea? What was the point of your comment? How unhelpful.

2 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

It's not fair to chastise people for not using the search feature and then chastise people for resurrecting old threads.

Also, why would even respond to a thread if you have no idea? What was the point of your comment? How unhelpful.

Since when did "by the way" turn into chastising?

I guess you didn't bother to read the first word of my post?

My intention was just to point out that it was an old thread.

Lastly, why did you even bother to respond, part from trying to p*ss me off?

Edited by Gibsonm

18 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Lastly, why did you even bother to respond, part from trying to p*ss me off?

Because I don't like the way you interact with people. Here in the forums, when you play multiplayer games and openly insult people, and on other Discord communities (even the ones you were removed from)

You talk down to people and it needs to stop.

2 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Because I don't like the way you interact with people. Here in the forums, when you play multiplayer games and openly insult people, and on other Discord communities (even the ones you were removed from)

You talk down to people and it needs to stop.

Ah yes as typified in the 20+ posts in the "Tutorials and How Tos" forum or the help I've provided in the support forum.

You are welcome to your opinion, just as I am free to ignore it.

Welcome to my "ignored" list.

Edited by Gibsonm

Many years ago I toyed with using a gamepad for "simulating" the CR2s gunner handle. The problem i had at the time was you were unable to assign different control axes to the two different thumbpads. I now believe this is possible. using the Alt-C dialog.

• Members

...although, in all fairness, he wrote that he tried it and it didn't work, which I only noticed now.

Hm. Can you make a screenshot of the dialog?

Is your gamepade the only controller connected to your computer (can we be sure that you tried assigning the axes of the gamepad actually, and not some other device?). Steel Beasts only recognizes the "primary device" (Properties of game controller, Advanced...).

You could look at the tutorial here.

In addition you need to install the VIGEM CORE provider. Here is a install guide that includes a download link:

https://github.com/snoothy/ucr/wiki/Core_ViGEm

Once installed you should be able to chose your Xbox 360 or DS4 controller as input. I have not tried this as I do not have any of them. I have used UCR to emulate output as a Xbox 360 controller for Witcher III.

If you get it to work, then I would very much appreciate if you shared a writeup, that I could include in the tutorial.

I hope it helps.

Happy Simming

• 2 years later...