Gamepad

Challenger2

On 11/8/2022 at 4:05 PM, Ssnake said:

Try again; version 4.3 received a new joystick software library that might offer a bit more flexibility in your case.

The inputs on all the controls work in 'Configure Axes', but when I try to assign keys to the either joypads they are not detected. All other buttons and D-pad are assignable. I do have SB v4.363.

Edited by Scrapper_511
SB v3.363 to v4.363

I used the Logitech G13 for SB, It also has a built-In mini joy stick If needed. It works great for me. The problem Is I don´t see them available any more, at least on Amazon EU. You do have the Razer Tartarus V2 (you gota love the names the put on this stuff) If you want something similar.

You do have cheaper options, like the Redragon K585 DITI mechanical keyboard and a few others on Amazon. Any programable add-on keyboard will work, and personally I find these keyboards great for the sole reason that you can program them, and have different profiles on them If they have that option.  Works great for SB, FPS games and even for software like video editing, streaming apps or graphical editors as "short-cut" keys.  Add to that a programable mouse and you got you´re self some QoL on PC.

For apps there´s JoyToKey, or x360ce which I used before...

https://www.x360ce.com/

Or, Touch Portal which Is a remote macro control that pretty easy to use. I use It on my smartphone for MSFS 2020 and DCS. It´s basically a cheaper, even free version of elgato Stream Deck without the casing.

https://www.touch-portal.com/

Hopefully you will find what you need.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Sorry for the very late reply, update.

I am tying to swap the left/right axis of my controller to simulate the Challenger2 which has right thumb gun axis control. My controller has the left thumb control for the x/y axis. I also think the xbox controller has the same feature, left thumb to move the x/y axis.

In addition to this the wheel/accelerate axis work when is driver position but does not work when in gunner position.

Another thing, i am using "RealFlight controller" to simulate Challenger2 gunner grip which works for me, right thumb aiming the gun.

I attached a video showing X/Y axis moving {right thumb} and Z/U axis moving {left thumb}. I want to swap the axes.

tnx

• Members

I don't think you can swap axes. You may be able to assign certain axes to certain functions, however (to achieve the desired goal, it's just a different way to think about the problem). But I can't vouch for this; I haven't tried it myself for lack of a gamepad on my computer. If you find out that it doesn't work, I suppose we'll register it as yet another enhancement for future versions. Please let us know here; it'll be AFK for a few days however.