Bugreports 2.538

Grenny

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no CV90/35 Tutorials (as release notes said there would be)

Graphics for the M2 and M3 don't work.

Anyone has the same problem?

The M2 and M3 textures seem to work for me though. Did you uninstall previous version before installing 2.5?

• Members

I had hoped that if I put a FO team into a high-rise building (with "Hold" tactics) that they'd move into the top-level story (with its sweet sweet field of view).. sadly it seems they just go into the first floor (see attachment 1).

Another (more serious) issue seems to be that azimuth works correctly, but range always reads 0000 and elevation is always +000 when designating out of a building.. this means that you will call artillery on your own positioN (see attachment 2)!

SS_18_44_48.jpg.fd01a76534dd28e227566146

SS_18_45_43.jpg.aeb14e9d3a48066107c6cacf

SS_18_44_48.jpg.fd01a76534dd28e227566146

SS_18_45_43.jpg.aeb14e9d3a48066107c6cacf

• Members

I guess what happens is that the laser beam gets blocked by the exterior wall even though that is being rendered invisible while you are inside. We can't fix this on short notice, but I'd appreciate if one of our beta testers is reading this that a Bugzilla entry be made.

Mentioned these in another thread but guess this one is more appropriate:

Not sure what the problem is, but when selecting the '29 Palms Afg' map in the Mission Editor I get a Crash To Desktop!

Just before it vanished it mentioned a file beginning with 'e17a', but I cannot find it anywhere in the docs & settings temp files including all hidden and system files etc.

It happened twice, and the second time the laptop was reduced to a crawl and I had no choice but to hold the power button to shut it down then reboot. Not tried it since in case it happens again.

and:

Possible glitch/bug:

When using the Piranha IIIC with the RWS .50 cal the muzzle flash is visible at the point the RWS unit joins the vehicle and not from the end of the barrel. Only minor I guess, but has anyone else seen this?

• Moderators
Mentioned these in another thread but guess this one is more appropriate:

Not sure what the problem is, but when selecting the '29 Palms Afg' map in the Mission Editor I get a Crash To Desktop!

Just before it vanished it mentioned a file beginning with 'e17a', but I cannot find it anywhere in the docs & settings temp files including all hidden and system files etc.

It happened twice, and the second time the laptop was reduced to a crawl and I had no choice but to hold the power button to shut it down then reboot. Not tried it since in case it happens again.

and:

Possible glitch/bug:

When using the Piranha IIIC with the RWS .50 cal the muzzle flash is visible at the point the RWS unit joins the vehicle and not from the end of the barrel. Only minor I guess, but has anyone else seen this?

Check the feedback thread please, I commented on both of these.

• Moderators

The M2 and M3 textures seem to work for me though. Did you uninstall previous version before installing 2.5?

Yes, Nasder is correct. Grenny, if you uninstall and do a fresh install then you should see the new M2 and M3, currently you are probably seeing the new Bradley model with old textures since your install is using both old and new files. :frown:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hussar11 View Post

No joystick for ASLAV-PC or ASLAV-CS,and commanders chair in Bushmaster, mouse works, tried shift J, still no joy.

Are you sure that the joystick works in other positions, e.g. gunner's place

Yes the joystick works in gunners spots,

Its just in those veh's I get no responce to joystick commands

• Moderators
Quote:

Originally Posted by hussar11 View Post

No joystick for ASLAV-PC or ASLAV-CS,and commanders chair in Bushmaster, mouse works, tried shift J, still no joy.

Are you sure that the joystick works in other positions, e.g. gunner's place

Yes the joystick works in gunners spots,

Its just in those veh's I get no responce to joystick commands

The joystick works fine for me in all those places you describe. When you click the screen with the mouse, it engages the mouse for use as control / view input. In order to use the joystick, you will need to left click the screen again with the mouse to disengage mouse control / view movement input mode. Try that out and see if it helps. Unless I am misunderstanding, this is what you are seeing and describing unless you are talking about something else (like using the LEMUR RWS?)

Anyway, as far as the mouse activation and deactivation is concerned (clicking the screen to activate mouse movement mode and clicking it again to deactivate it), it has behaved like this for, well, for as long as I can remember.

• Moderators
Shouldn't the M2A2 bradley's Main Gun/MG be toggled by the M key? If I hit the M key it calls up the MG, but won't revert to the Main Gun when hit again.The only way is to switch ammo.I don't recall this being in the previous release?

Maybe it should, I agree it would be more logical to work it as a toggle. However, it has never worked like that; INS, DEL and HOME has always togged the weapons on the Bradley, with M going as the coax only and to change back to autocannon or missile you have to press INS, DEL, HOME. This was done that way mainly because that is how the US 1st Armored Div wanted it to be implemented about five or so years ago. Maybe one day it will be standardized to use the M key as you say, but no change here yet.

Shouldn't the M2A2 bradley's Main Gun/MG be toggled by the M key? If I hit the M key it calls up the MG, but won't revert to the Main Gun when hit again.The only way is to switch ammo.I don't recall this being in the previous release?

unlike the abrams/leo2, in the bradley the coax is a separate button on the keypanel, instead of a switch that swaps between coax and maingun.

Were are the tutorials located? I still have an old install on my laptop and can grap the files from there :biggrin:

They live here:

.... \Scenarios\z_Reserved\tut

but as Tacbat said:

I don't believe they were available in an earlier version either.

There are only ones there for the CV9040.

So its not a question of them not being installed but of not existing (or at least not included with the installer), hence Ssnake's comment.

Shouldn't the M2A2 bradley's Main Gun/MG be toggled by the M key?

It's been made the same way in CV90. For what it's worth, I prefer the current implementation. It's safer to have a dedicated button than a toggle, because this way you don't have to know the state of the toggle (MG/gun). When you need a MG you just push M and you get a MG. With a toggle switch on a keyboard you might get the gun instead when you push M. In the real thing they don't use a keyboard for the switch. (Actually I don't remember what of a kind switch the real M2A2 has.)

• Members
I had hoped that if I put a FO team into a high-rise building (with "Hold" tactics) that they'd move into the top-level story (with its sweet sweet field of view).. sadly it seems they just go into the first floor [snip]

I'll have to amend this.. seems infantry DOES occupy the highest floor, but only if they are given "defend" orders! In earlier versions "defend" meant "prefer lower floor" but this seems to have changed..

Of course, with lasing broken FO tems still are not that useful, but putting a missile/HMG/AGL team up there could be a nasty surprise...

Another thing.. it seems MG fire always falls short when fired from elevated (both 1st and too floor) positions.. see attachment 2+3 - when firing from the ground floor most shots hit, when firing from the 1st floor most fall short (but ricochets hit the truck), when firing from top floor no hits at all..

[Edit: I tried this with the HMG team as well, they manage to hit everything, dismounted MG fire still falls short.. depends a bit on range of course as well.. ]

SS_10_20_30.jpg.39c569eef3dabc91a57b88c7

SS_10_27_05.jpg.5aeef4f94aa6232d3bd335fd

SS_10_27_17.jpg.09c298e95b0f656e7a353c78

SS_10_20_30.jpg.39c569eef3dabc91a57b88c7

SS_10_27_05.jpg.5aeef4f94aa6232d3bd335fd

SS_10_27_17.jpg.09c298e95b0f656e7a353c78