Bugreports 2.538

Grenny

Thanks for the great upgrade.

I've noticed that the Centauro AI gunners cannot hit moving targets. I set up 3 Cetauros in line formation with hold tactics with engine damage. Moving across their front at about 1100m were 5 blind T-55s in column formation moving at 'fast' speed. I stopped the scenario after 25 consecutive misses by the Centauros. It appeared that all misses fell behind the targets.

Also, does the Centauro have a true fire on the move capability in the same way that the Leo and the M1 have?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on my computer, in the Leo 2A5 tutorial mission: 00 Leo 2A5 Introduction.sce, the Hinds have mine rollers.

That's odd as this issue (Hinds with mine rollers) was one specifically "fixed" in 2.538 (according to the release notes anyway).

Are you sure you have 2.538 and the current scenarios (not perhaps one modified by an earlier version)?

Edited by Gibsonm

i did a fresh reinstall of 2.538 twice, deleting any folders left behind, just to make sure i had fresh files to check.

yes the mission is the 00 Leo 2A5 Introduction.sce in the tutorials folder.

the mission file properties:

Name: 00 Leo 2A5 Introduction.sce

Type: SCE File

Size: 172 KB

Date Created: 1/30/2005 10:04 PM

Date Modified: 1/30/2005 10:04 PM

Attributes: Al

there are 2 Hind helicopters in the mission and they have mine rollers, as depicted in my screenshots.

Edited by pvtkramer

• Moderators
ok, i fixed the mission by opening it in the mission editor and choosing Save As and saving it with the same name and overwriting the mission file.

result - no more mine rollers on the Hinds!

i guess it must have been because this was a mission made with an older version of SB Pro PE?

Try using the updated Tutorials files. They should fix the helicopter roller problem, along with a host of other "old" problems:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=14561

• 2 weeks later...

I maybe had a variation of the M1 EMES problem.

Mission was "A gap in the screen", with modified ammo and countdown removed, that were all edits.

There are two teams, each with 1 M1A1 HA and 2 Bradleys. After contact was made with the enemy, some shooting started, both teams were enagegd, almost exclusively the Abrams fired. Red did not return any fire (no thermals, and bad viewing conditions).

I switched between these two teams and a third one, which consists of two Bradleys exclusively.

When returning to one of the Abrams teams, I suddenly noted that the damage list in the right top corner said

EMES

EMES

two times. However, I had the impression that Red at no time ever returned fire. The EMES indeed was no longer functional.

I switched to the other team with an Abrams - and also found that Abrams there had EMES listed twice in the top right damage list.

The Bradleys were unaffected regarding EMES.

Additonally, the Insert key to switch to Ammo type 1 suddenly was gone. I could switch to type 2, and toggle the MG, but I never was able to switch back to type 1. As TC, "Insert" 2x did not cause a reloading of the gun (already loaded with type 2) with type 1. The Bradley'S LRF worked, but their ammo switches were blocked, too: only type 2 and TOW, but no type 1 (Insert).

I stopped and went into the AAR, checking the events, seing every shot being marked with a blue line. As I already thought during the mission, Red indeed at no time returned fire with scoring a hit, there was no Red hit of any kind mentioned in the AAR.

I restarted the mission, and this time manually took over the gunnery seats. The EMES event did not materialise. The ammo switch worked again for both the Abrams and Bradleys.

I wonder if it is possible that excessive use of the LRF by the AI gunners (due to some LOS problems) may have damaged the systems due to overheating? But when manually firing the Laser time and again in short time, I was not able to make it overheating (which might be another problem in itself, as I recall it, the Leo's laser just switches off for a time when overheating, while the Abram's should burn through, or not?).

The EMES problem is not that obvious to me, since I use to edit almost all mission to make them playable with Leopards. It was the first time since a very long time that I have used M1s.

• Members

The LRF malfunction, I think, is now done in a way that there is a small chance at mission start to determine for each tank whether it still has the old LRF that could burn out; if not it is treated as having been retrofitted with a protected model. AFAICT this reflects reality well.

• 2 weeks later...

don't know if this one was reported before:

the T-72 don't have muzzle flash when it fires with the coax machine gun :( (don't see it firing the NSVT yet...)

I see that T-55 an T-62 have a nice muzzle flash :diable:

not a killer one but well maybe it can be added, thanks!

Yes, I notice nothing extraordinary as a result of a 300+ gunnery score.

The AI gunner is still marginally competent in shots that are easy for me to take, and vastly superior in other cases.

He is specifically less good at correcting BOT or engaging weak portions of the target array, but much better at 'guessing' range or target type from an obscured target - or if not better - at least a heck of a lot faster...

Graphics for the M2 and M3 don't work.

Anyone has the same problem?

I have the same problem too , and not only with the M2 or M3 i have a texture problem with M1a1 the skin look like with diferent colors to external.

I ve read to we need a fresh installation but what mean a fresh installation?

I ve delete all the main folder in C: and in my documents folder , i ve reintalled Sbpro from my original Cd( a old version before to 2.483 version) next i have installed 2.483 patch and next 2.538 and 2.546 patch. but i still having the same texture issue.

Any Ideas or support about this issue? :confused:

Regards