Sean

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Possible issues (both mentioned elsewhere):

1. Whilst the Inf AAmrd team now set up with a weapon, it seems to remain as a Milan, regardless of changing it to say Javelin (i.e. the graphic remains a Milan).

If set to Javelin it wont fire. I need to do some more work on this tomorrow.

2. Employing the M113 FO vehicle “Viking”

I’m unsure if I’m employing this correctly but I can’t seem to replicate what is shown here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/...2_itemId=16387

Certainly with the FO party still mounted the arty range finding binos are available from the crew commander’s position.

However if I dismount the troops (which I presume are the FO party) they do not seem to have access to the binos.

However with the FO dismounted the binos are still available from the crew commander’s position.

I find it hard to believe that the FO would leave such an important piece of kit behind?

Is there some special command to have the troops take the binos with them when they get off?

Not sure what the problem is, but when selecting the '29 Palms Afg' map in the Mission Editor I get a Crash To Desktop!

Just before it vanished it mentioned a file beginning with 'e17a', but I cannot find it anywhere in the docs & settings temp files including all hidden and system files etc.

It happened twice, and the second time the laptop was reduced to a crawl and I had no choice but to hold the power button to shut it down then reboot. Not tried it since in case it happens again.

Quagmire

• Members

However if I dismount the troops (which I presume are the FO party) they do not seem to have access to the binos.

However with the FO dismounted the binos are still available from the crew commander’s position.

I find it hard to believe that the FO would leave such an important piece of kit behind?

Is there some special command to have the troops take the binos with them when they get off?

I think once dismounted and observing the infantry squad you have to switch to the commander's view F7, only then F2 activates the "FO view".. note that with N you toggle the "normal" binoculars.. it's not exactly intuitive since neither this station nor this view are mentioned in the menu bar..

Was looking at the inventory in the editor, and there are 2 x T-72M1s listed... Didn't find any differences in them???

Same with the BMD-2, two entries, but both with the OLD model???

I did install over the old version, this got something to do with that?

EDIT: Fresh install fixed it... No wonder they mentioned it in the release notes, duh!

PC's seem to handle waypoints differently if a player is spectating or occupying any crew-position.

I made a PC with a waypoint set to scout and slow. If I spectate from a different vehicle, he will let out the soldiers and then trail behind them until the end of the waypoint.

If I spectate or occupy a crew position the PC will either not let out any soldiers. Or if I start to spectate when soldiers are out, just drive to the end of the waypoint with the infantry trailing. The moment I leave the vehicle it will resume the behavior of letting the soldiers move in front.

I am not sure if this is a feature or a bug. I am attaching a scenario where a M2 drives in a circle and loads and unloads troops on the scout waypoint. But as soon as I switch to the M2 it will not unload the troops (unless I stop and unload them)

PC-infantry-loop_rar.5888ae682acb526a944

PC-infantry-loop.rar

• Members
PC's seem to handle waypoints differently if a player is spectating or occupying any crew-position.

I made a PC with a waypoint set to scout and slow. If I spectate from a different vehicle, he will let out the soldiers and then trail behind them until the end of the waypoint.

If I spectate or occupy a crew position the PC will either not let out any soldiers. Or if I start to spectate when soldiers are out, just drive to the end of the waypoint with the infantry trailing. The moment I leave the vehicle it will resume the behavior of letting the soldiers move in front.

I am not sure if this is a feature or a bug. I am attaching a scenario where a M2 drives in a circle and loads and unloads troops on the scout waypoint. But as soon as I switch to the M2 it will not unload the troops (unless I stop and unload them)

I think it's at least partly a feature (for example that PCs do not dismount infantry on waypoints with guard tactics if the player commands the vehicle).

I also noticed that a player-observed vehicle does not back up to pick up infantry which is more than a couple of meters distant.. AI-controlled vehicles behave correctly however.

• Moderators
Possible glitch/bug:

When using the Piranha IIIC with the RWS .50 cal the muzzle flash is visible at the point the RWS unit joins the vehicle and not from the end of the barrel. Only minor I guess, but has anyone else seen this?

Q

Yes, that is a known problem with the OLD and unplayable RWS. Use the LEMUR RWS instead if you want to avoid the cosmetic issue and if you want to make it playable.

• Moderators

This is a feature that is listed in the release notes. Basically, if you own a PC platoon and you are in command of it (you are present anywhere in the vehicle in either external or internal positions) then the troops will NEVER dismount unless you specifically tell them to. If you are not present in the unit then they will utilize automated behavior.

• Moderators
It seems mixed with mine roller.

Interesting. What scenario is that? My guess is that it is either a tutorial scenario or an old scenario. Removing the helicopter from the scenario in the editor and putting it back in (and saving) should fix the issue, but if it is a tutorial scenario then obviously this is something we need to address.