Aligning object on map

Quagmire

Hi guys,

As you know, when adding buildings etc. in the map editor you get a little 'handle' of sorts to align the building correctly, so you know it's facing the right direction.

Can anyone tell me how to copy an aligned object so I don't have to repeat the same task over and over? I seem to have missed that in the documentation.

Cheers!

Q

You can add a large group of a single object, and then align them to the same direction - but it will adjust all such objects on the map, not just the local subset.

This might still be useful as it is quicker to change the type than to fiddle with rotations, but it isn't much improvement...

• Moderators

Yes, it is a pain at the moment. Hopefully it will improve in the future.

I personally added about 200+ utility poles to a desert map, I rotated all of them with the group rotation to an average direction that is mostly correct for the whole map, then I went back and manually oriented them all. A pain it is, but it is just a matter of how far you are willing to go and how much effort you want to put into the map. The only consolation is, you only have to it once. ;)