Your Favorite New Unit So Far?

greenred

Unfortunately for the M60, the best defense is a good offense. The whole point of tanks has always been mobility. Any design that sacrificed too much mobility becomes too vulnerable despite the gains in armor and/or firepower. But even the mighty M1 is flawed: mobility isn't just how fast you can go, but how far you can go.

Unfortunately for the M60, the best defense is a good offense. The whole point of tanks has always been mobility. Any design that sacrificed too much mobility becomes too vulnerable despite the gains in armor and/or firepower. But even the mighty M1 is flawed: mobility isn't just how fast you can go, but how far you can go.

Sure but when you have strat lift assets like C-17 and C-5 they tend to fill the gap.

The M1 has great tactical mobility, questionable operational mobility and great strat mobilty (assuming the US maintains air superiority which so far hasn’t been too hard).

At the moment i play the Contest Scenarios, i bypassed the last "to buy" Addon so there is alot to play with.

I just wonder in wich scenarios are the new stuff or did you made your own quick battles or are u using scenarios from the mission depot??

I just wonder in wich scenarios are the new stuff or did you made your own quick battles or are u using scenarios from the mission depot??

2 scenario's are created already with the new stuff, both by Alpha Sierra:

* Jalibah airfield SP SBProPe 2.5XXX http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/267/p13_fileid/1859

* Al Shar - Second mission for SBProPE 2.5XXX http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/262/p13_fileid/1862

I'm sure that more will follow.

Rgds, K

• Members

It might just be the Piranha IIIC - can mount Lemur and has 10 dismounts for mounted or dismounted work (I love staying in the hatch and using the context menus for ordering my squads around.. move here! assault there!).

Nice sounds as well (love the engine sound when stopping!). Eagle IV has no dismounts so loses on that, Bushmaster has no hatches for the crew. MAN SX45 is too unwieldly for me.

While I might have orginally said the lemur system, while still great, the centauro is growing on me. Makes a nice change from the ATGM only AT vehicles. Much more flexible and quite nice in shorter range ambushes, can get two aimed shots off pretty fast. Being able to actually unload the 105 and change round types is a nice feature too, espcially with a standard load of 10x each of KE, HEAT, HESH, and HE. Still trying to get used to the 105's performance and which round to use for each target.

In short, yeah, it's pretty good :biggrin: