Centauro documentation?

smithcorp

I can give you a couple of tips.

Gunnery Zoom is not obvious. In the list its listed as "Toggle TIS FOV" I think the default key is /. Change this to N to make it comply with other vehicles. Dynamic Lead is done with button 3. Track your target, lase and continue tracking. The range will flash for about a second or so. Once the range stops flashing the lead is ready. Its a bit like the Aslav gunnery where the lead is computed and then stays until its cleared.

In the TC's position changing the mag causes a change in the optics system. The screen will blank for a second or so while its moving into place.

That's all I can think of for now. If you have any specific question ask away.

• Members

I found that the default mapping of the gunner's view magnification did not work for some reason - I just remapped it (to the same key!) and now it works..

Lead computation is also mapped to the middle mouse button (if you're a mouse gunner).

While gunnery in the Centauro is quite similar to a MTB one thing that's definately different is the number of ready rounds.. with only about 6 sabot rounds you'd better make sure you do not miss too much (like I'm doing!).. makes for some interesting fights.

Hi

and how do I order as commander to load a different ammo type? The only way I found so far is overriding the gunner, changing ammo and giving control back to the gunner. But in this case the loader will allways put the loaded round out of the breach and puts a new one in.

and is there a way to change the peri direct to observation mode instead of going to override and then oberservation mode?

Greatings :)

Hi

and how do I order as commander to load a different ammo type? The only way I found so far is overriding the gunner, changing ammo and giving control back to the gunner. But in this case the loader will allways put the loaded round out of the breach and puts a new one in.

and is there a way to change the peri direct to observation mode instead of going to override and then oberservation mode?

Greatings :)

Yes I was wondering too if it is possible for the commander to order the loader to use different rounds?

• Members

It's one of the things why I had second thoughts about releasing the Centauro. You may recall that in mid-July I said I wasn't sure whether we should add "a fifth playable" vehicle to this release but those who participated in the discussion all said that I shouldn't pay attention to the voice of reason.

The Centauro is still work in progress - please accept it as that.

It's one of the things why I had second thoughts about releasing the Centauro. You may recall that in mid-July I said I wasn't sure whether we should add "a fifth playable" vehicle to this release but those who participated in the discussion all said that I shouldn't pay attention to the voice of reason.

The Centauro is still work in progress - please accept it as that.

OK, OK don´t worry, we like Centauro without tutorial and manual and IMHO Centauro justify the purchase.

Salu2

Sure, the Centauro's a neat bit of kit and I'm keen to try it out more - I understand it's a work in progress, but I'd appreciate some more info on how to use it (as Skybird says, a few pages). Maybe within the community we can get the Wiki article to be a guide.