ISTAR team wanted

Sgt_Anzac

Ok, im thinking of taking this campaign thing even further.

And for this you dont need to be a part of the sunday mission, you dont even need to be able to play online.

The idea is to have players play single player missions as a ISTAR (Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition, and Reconnaissance) team, and post recon reports that will be used in the planing of the mission played online later.

The idea came to me when adding civilians to a scenario and i decided to alter their behaviour to give observant players hints.

What i need to know is that i have at least 3 players that will play the mission and post a report, or an AAR.

Any takers?

i just have to warn you all that there will be alot of time spent stationary in an OP with binos glued to the face. Sometimes there might be airstrikes for you to use, but the norm will be -no fighting-, and if you are spotted you will die for sure =)

I can sign up to that too, if you still have vacancies.

I'm happy with the OP gig (preferably mounted though) or even several OPs in a line of surveillance as I've spent a while doing it.

Do we have an overall Int picture to support this stuff?

Saying "at 0915 at GR 123456, two squads observed moving SE along heart route" is fine, but:

"at 0915 at GR 123456, two squads observed moving SE along heart route, they appear to be the lead elm of the Bn sized unit consistent with the suggested most likely COA. If they turn left at decision point 4 then this will be confirmed", etc would be better, IMO.

It will also be a great opportunity to test out those flash new FO binos which are just begging to be used in an OP.

I spent quite a few more days then i care to remember in a hole in the ground myself =)

In the Swedish army we use a 7-line standardized report form for this. but since im just a "sarge" i have no idea what the intel guys do with the stuff after we send it.

Maybe we need a intel guy as well that can look at the material and do estimations?

But i think that might be taking it a bit to far. At the moment im the only weak link that can break during the week so that no mission will be played. And i see alot more friction building up in making it all come together in a week.

But im ready to try it.

Works for me.

I just watched the rescue video and the fact that you guys are referring to NAI's, etc. is probably the level of colour I was looking for without it becoming so jargon based that non serving people wouldn't have a clue as to what the report was saying. :)

Can I do this in 2.538 or do I need to revert to 2.4x to "fit in"?

I should have a copy of the Mil Spec version of 2.538 soon too and that maybe able to provide some more colour than the Pro PE version.

Anyway, to quote our American friends "good to go".

Its all done, i had to add some drag to the "grass" terrain, just 10% more of it made a bit of difference. but still, the AI might be a bit random during this mission. I also had to make the terrain more "user friendly" so that he AI will be able to recover from any mishaps duiring their move. Anyway, this only affects the ISTAR mission, i hope the main mission will use human opfor. There are now two players on the opfor team, i hope to recruit one more for the red side.