Lemur Tutorial 05

Chaplain

By the text of the tutorial, the Load Pos button and the ammo count buttons should function. On my install, they do not. I can reload the M2HB and cock it, but then I have to use the ammo readout in the upper right to keep track of ammo usage.

I created a test scenario using the M113 DK with the Lemur. In that case, the same thing happened. I reloaded the M2HB before running out of ammo, so that I could test the ammo reset button, and that did work. However, the Load Pos and all of the rest of the ammo count buttons failed to do anything.

I could not change the ammo type in the Lemur from M85 to M84 or back, though the balistics of the two rounds seem to be very similar. Even at long ranges, M84 rounds hit where the reticle was aimed, even though the Lemur thought M85 was loaded.

I did do a complete uninstall, including deleting the eSim directories, before installing 2.5. I'm using Windows 7, x64.

• Members

Actually, the ammo count buttons work, but only after you press the Enter button (which is either an error on our part (in this case it'll get fixed), or a really disingenious user interface design (in which case things will stay the way they are until we are notified that things changed in real life).

I experimented more, and found that:

• F2, Barrel Pos, and F3, Load Pos, do nothing, no matter what other buttons you push or what state the Lemur is in. HOWEVER, you can reload the Lemur weapon in any position, so the F2 and F3 fucntions don't really matter, anyway.
  • The left and right arrows do change ammo type IF you click the Store button right after clicking the appropriate arrow button
  • The Reset Amm Count button takes effect immediately, no need to click the Store button
  • The Ammo Up x100 and the Ammo Up x1 buttons both work, BUT you must click the Ammo Up button and then click the store button for each increment. To adjust the ammo count up by 202 takes 8 mouse clicks. :-(
  • The Ammo Down x100 and Ammo Down x1 buttons do nothing, even if you follow up clicking on them with clicking on the Store button
  • If you click on Reset Amm Count and then immediately click on Store, the ammo count jumps to 300. Therefore, if one always reloads in 300-round increments, one could ignore the Ammo Up and Ammo Down buttons entirely.

Based on Ssnake's comment about 40mm, I tried a further experiment. In doing so, I discovered that I cannot load the secondary ammunition for the AGL in the scenario editor. Even if I remove all HEDP ammunition, I cannot load any ready or stored HE rounds. I tried it with the M113 DK and the PIIIC. Both acted the same.

I also found that I not cannot replicate the Reset Ammo/ Store sequence to quickly bring the count up to 300. I did it at least twice before. I thought I understood what I did those times, but now I can't say for sure...

Is there a way to print the briefing for each Lemur tutorial so as to have the briefing in print as one is doing the tutorial. Better yet, is there a way to put it into "Word" format so that it could be edited down as desired and printed.

Thanks!

I experimented more, and found that:

• F2, Barrel Pos, and F3, Load Pos, do nothing, no matter what other buttons you push or what state the Lemur is in. HOWEVER, you can reload the Lemur weapon in any position, so the F2 and F3 fucntions don't really matter, anyway.
you have to deactivate the palmswitch by holding [P] on your keybord while clicking on F3

The Ammo Up x100 and the Ammo Up x1 buttons both work, BUT you must click the Ammo Up button and then click the store button for each increment. To adjust the ammo count up by 202 takes 8 mouse clicks. :-(
The Ammo Down x100 and Ammo Down x1 buttons do nothing, even if you follow up clicking on them with clicking on the Store button
If you click on Reset Amm Count and then immediately click on Store, the ammo count jumps to 300. Therefore, if one always reloads in 300-round increments, one could ignore the Ammo Up and Ammo Down buttons entirely.

this is not the way, how it should be done. First you have to activate "load pos" as I mentioned above. Then a little green counter appears above the normal counter. This green counter can be set with the "AMM UP/"AMM DOWN" buttons. Then you can store the value.

Ah, I missed the palm switch part about the Load Pos switch. :c:

However, The ammo down x100 & x1 buttons still do not work for me.

On the other hand, the ammo count up buttons work better than it seemed at first. One can click the Ammo Up x100 button three times and hit store, and the count jumps right to 300. You don't have to go back-and-forth between buttons.

I see. The extra ammo counter wasn't there before - probably because I didn't use the palm switch and Load Pos first. Now that works fully. Thanks.

The only problem left, then, is how to load a secondary ammo type to the Lemur AGL. Can anyone else create a scenario and successfully load both HE and HEDP? If so, what steps do you take?