Map directory path?

ParaBellum

Haven't played SB in quite some time and just wanted to install a couple of maps, but I'm unsure where exactly the files go under Windows7.

Manual didn't help since it only refers to XP file structure.

So far I found the following folders:

C:\Users\J.Baur\AppData\Roaming\eSim Games\Steel Beasts

C:\Users\J.Baur\AppData\Local\eSim Games\Steel Beasts

C:\Users\J.Baur\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts

C:\Program Files (x86)\eSim Games\SB Pro PE

I am completely confused about the file/folder structure by now...

• Members

C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\maps - please note that this folder is hidden.

there are subfolders for terrain-themes, heightmaps and themes

The file structure is actually exactly like Microsoft suggests (and once you grok it it actually makes sense).

Ok, please help. Lost my manual... File path for scenarios...

I accidently saved a custom scenario with the official e-Sim scenarios. How d I track it down and delete it?

With XP:

Documents & Settings/All Users/Application Data/eSim Games/Steel Beasts/Scenarios

This lists all the folders including Classic, Demos etc.

;)

Q

• 4 weeks later...
C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\maps - please note that this folder is hidden.

there are subfolders for terrain-themes, heightmaps and themes

The file structure is actually exactly like Microsoft suggests (and once you grok it it actually makes sense).

I'm probably gonna get shot for asking this, but...if the Program Data folder is hidden, how do you actually get at it? I'm trying to modify a scenario map (emplacing a missing bridge), but I can't find the map in the Map Editor to do it. Must be in the Program Data folder, but...how to find it? :confused:

• Members

I think the easiest way to open it is it use a shortcut.. I attached one which points to "%ProgramData%\eSim Games\Steel Beasts" (not the use of the environment variable) which (hopefully all) operating systems should be able to resolve correctly. Just unzip this to your desktop and doubleclick the shortcut..

I think it would be really handy for eSim to add such a shortcut to their start menu folder, similar to the "Documents" link...

56e83c93bcbeb_SteelBeastsProgramDataFold

Steel Beasts Program Data Folder Shortcut.zip

• 3 months later...

My old laptop died, so I got a new laptop and and put SB on it, and that shortcut works great for the maps folder on my C: drive, but how do I access the hidden maps folder on my old harddrive so that I can transfer my maps onto my new laptop?

In other words, how do I unhide a hidden maps folder?

------edit, nevermind, I figured it out, extremely simple solution