Big Hello from Mapman to all my old friends!

mapman

Hello everyone!

I received the upgrade newsletter in my inbox and as I read it I started getting the itch again! While downloading the upgrade I had great memories of Friday night fights, Battle Labs, Fulda Gap campaigns and the like.

Now I am waiting on the paycheck to buy my new licence and...given the amount of down time...dive back into the tutorials for a while.

Cruzing the forums it is good to see many of you old timers are still around and posting. With a bit of luck (getting free time) and practice, I might even make a battle or two this upcoming long weekend.

See you soon and thanks for keeping the sim growing and for all the great memories!

~ MM :thelmuty:

Thanks for the welcome back!

Down loaded, installed and licenced. Played around a bit last night. Very cool...dark to dusk to dawn enviormentals! That was not there last time (was on the list and being gaurded by Squirls as I recall....)

Lots more to explore (I laughed out loud when I popped into the map in mission preview to find a large yellow daisy staring me in the face! :biggrin:)

Do Shot, Sherman, HH, Dagger and Lonestar still drop in from time to time? I see Lee is still about...still no playable T80 for him and Opfor? :(

Plan to drop in and get my butt soundly kicked sometime this weekend....

Thanks for the welcome back!

Down loaded, installed and licenced. Played around a bit last night. Very cool...dark to dusk to dawn enviormentals! That was not there last time (was on the list and being gaurded by Squirls as I recall....)

Lots more to explore (I laughed out loud when I popped into the map in mission preview to find a large yellow daisy staring me in the face! :biggrin:)

Do Shot, Sherman, HH, Dagger and Lonestar still drop in from time to time? I see Lee is still about...still no playable T80 for him and Opfor? :(

Plan to drop in and get my butt soundly kicked sometime this weekend....

Sherman went off to play Eve Online and I have not seen him in months even among that group. He's still alive though.

Map,

Great to see you around again.

RLI for me, as usual. I still pop in from time to time, though.

Sooner rather than later I hope to -be still my heart- get in a game or two.

For those of you who don't know, Mapman was the heart and soul of the Fulda Gap campaign, and helped me get my PT gig with eSim games. Map was also my wingie for Paper Tiger one fine night, which will forever live on in 29th AR lore as The Night of The Rubber Sabot.

Good teammate, good man; good to see him back in the game.

Shot

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mapman ,

I 'm just around to check the forums and responding to you is a pleasure .

No more SB for me right now , maybe one day I 'll be back ...

How 's life ? Kind I hope ...

Do you remember the 2nd Dragoons ?.. Ah ! What a good fun it was !

By the way , I say a big "hello" to all my old friends too . You are far too many for me to name you all but I remember EVERYTHING .

That 's all for now , see you on Teamspeak soon ...

Cheers .