Updated Tutorials Posted

Sean

• Administrators

Extract these to your ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts folder, and these are structured to go into the right place from there.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\eSim Games\Steel Beasts (XP)

Once these are installed, the enemy units in the tutorials will no longer shoot back.

Thanks to Volcano for fixing all these!

http://www.steelbeasts.com/updates/Updated_Tutorials_Blind.zip

One quick question, does this install also fix the gunnery range?

Yes CalAB [sLAP] it updates the gunnery too. Make sure tho -for vista and windows 7 owners - that you give yourself admin rights to those folders in question or you will be cursing Microsoft until foam flies from your mouth.

OK have a follow on query about these.

Having applied this I had a look in the "Support" area and have found two files dated 03 SEP 10 that apply to the M113 FO vehicle but are in ...? (not English).

The files are:

02f Anvendelse af M113 AO - 1.sce

02g Anvendelse af M113 AO - 2.sce

are there meant to be English versions?

• Members

Danish, probably. Can't do much about it right now, but you COULD export the briefing into a TXT file, then use a machine translation Danish -> English, paste the resulting text into the TXT file, and save it with the name of the scenario in the corresponding ..\loc\English\... folder. You may need to add a few tags in the text for proper formatting.

Well here are rough and ready Google translations (not everything comes across so you may need to interpret some of it).

But they may be a suitable interim measure.

I've attached the original Danish and the Googled English versions.

56e83c914ede1_02fUsingM113AO-1_zip.d0249

56e83c9154388_02fAnvendelseafM113AO-1_zi

56e83c9156b25_02gUsingM113AO-2_zip.01dbb

56e83c91596f6_02gAnvendelseafM113AO-2_zi

02f Using M113 AO - 1.zip

02f Anvendelse af M113 AO - 1.zip

02g Using M113 AO - 2.zip

02g Anvendelse af M113 AO - 2.zip

Hi guys,

After updating the tutorials with those on the homepage, I was running through one of the STRV122 tutorials discussing leading targets etc. The field has 2 T-72 tanks running around with several static APC's etc.

As I was engaging the tanks I could see tracer fire - from somewhere 'off camera'.

Checking the AAR indicated that all the APC's were killed by a blue M113 DK (?) - only the tanks were destroyed by me. No red vehicles fired back - unlike before - so the new files are in the correct location.

Just thought I would mention it...

Q

Edited by Quagmire

Hi guys,

After updating the tutorials with those on the homepage, I was running through one of the STRV122 tutorials discussing leading targets etc. The field has 2 T-72 tanks running around with several static APC's etc.

As I was engaging the tanks I could see tracer fire - from somewhere 'off camera'.

Checking the AAR indicated that all the APC's were killed by a blue M113 DK (?) - only the tanks were destroyed by me. No red vehicles fired back - unlike before - so the new files are in the correct location.

Just thought i would mention it...

Q

I have noticed the same in Leo2A5 tutorial.

Yeah I've got the same with Blue vehicles in the tutorials.

Also has anyone else got problems with the Artillery tutorials (in the support section). The first tutorial loads up fine and the briefing is fine, but as soon as I try to go to the action phase I get nothing but a black screen with the usual control bar at the bottom (where the messages/ direction and speed controls etc are).

Not too sure if this is a fault with the tutorial or me doing something wrong.

Also has anyone else got problems with the Artillery tutorials (in the support section). The first tutorial loads up fine and the briefing is fine, but as soon as I try to go to the action phase I get nothing but a black screen with the usual control bar at the bottom (where the messages/ direction and speed controls etc are).

Not too sure if this is a fault with the tutorial or me doing something wrong.

Out of curiosity after reading this I loaded the 3 tutorials. They begin in the middle of the night. Silly question, but is your monitor too dark to view externally? Jump to F7 - can you see anything?

Q