Updated Tutorials Posted

Sean

I just ran the tutorial again (the basic arty tutorial) and this time managed to get the infra red sight to function..... Not quite sure how... first time around none of the function keys made a difference. This time once I got the IR sight, I was also able to access the Commander's eye view (but everything outside the viewports was pitch black.

That might well be it, Ssnake. Next time I fire SB up I'll check the map info for that tutorial and post it here for you if that's any help?

EDIT: Just opened the basic arty tutorial in the mission editor and sure enough the time of day is off. The tutorial is based on the NTC map with a start time of 12:00, but beneath that UCT is set to +8 making the actual start time 22:00. I left the UCT setting as it was and shifted start time back to 01:00 and sure enough I could see more than a black screen.

Tutorials for Lemur OHW only start from Gunner 06 Manual Range,

in the latest version uploaded by Volcano.

Why is this ?

Or are the numbers 01 -> 05 missing ?

THX, K

Not sure what's going on here for you (sorry :().

I have 00 - 10

And WRT your ASLAV post, it maybe a related issue but I have Tutorials for ASLAV, Leopard AS1 and M113AS4 but this maybe because I have a couple of versions installed (including Aust ver of Pro and Pro PE as well as the commercial Pro PE) so I may have more tutorials than the standard retail configuration?

Not sure what's going on here for you (sorry :().

I have 00 - 10

The last update, uploaded I believe by Volcano, and named "Updated_Tutorials_Blind" contains only Lemur OHW Tutorials 6 -> 10.

Maybe you have 00 -> 05 thx to yr Aust ver of Pro ?

Anyone else also having 00 -> 05 (of the commercial version of Pro) ?

If so can you upload them here pls ? THX

And WRT your ASLAV post, it maybe a related issue but I have Tutorials for ASLAV, Leopard AS1 and M113AS4 but this maybe because I have a couple of versions installed (including Aust ver of Pro and Pro PE as well as the commercial Pro PE) so I may have more tutorials than the standard retail configuration?

Never saw Tutorials for ASLAV, Leopard AS1 and M113AS4 in commercial version of Pro.

=> Nils, any chance they could be made available to us as well eventually ?

Rgds, K

The last update, uploaded I believe by Volcano, and named "Updated_Tutorials_Blind" contains only Lemur OHW Tutorials 6 -> 10.

Maybe you have 00 -> 05 thx to yr Aust ver of Pro ?

Anyone else also having 00 -> 05 (of the commercial version of Pro) ?

If so can you upload them here pls ? THX

Rgds, K

OK I just downloaded the zip file linked to in Post #1 here and opened it (screenshot attached).

It does appear that only Tutorials 06 - 10 were included (perhaps because they were the only ones "broken" by the firing back issue).

Did you add these extra files as required (i.e. say "yes" when told a previous version existed) or did you delete everything and then replace with just these?

56e83c9288650_Lemurfiles.jpg.ac875ddb9ea

56e83c9288650_Lemurfiles.jpg.ac875ddb9ea

Alright, I've zipped all of mine and am happy to share (will post URLs here) all the non AS vehicles.

However I'm unsure if mine are "pure" copies or are tainted by multiple types and multiple versions within type (I currently have three types Pro, ANZAC Pro PE and Pro PE and three versions per type - for testing, so that's 9 copies in total).

I can post screenshots here and if the lists are "approved" (including the inclusion of the AS vehicles) I will share the approved ones.

Now attached.

Note the "Support" one will be "non standard" as I translated the two Danish files.

01_ASLAV.jpg.037dd151a53447013d28dc94976

02_CV90FOV.jpg.9031129041554132d1bccaee0

03_CV9040.jpg.d18432454d84c3a8b20b1b98f8

04_Lemur_OHW.jpg.e8239ba02c7765058789cd8

05_Leo_1A5.jpg.ff0e5ecc26f4c2a74133b21a0

01_ASLAV.jpg.037dd151a53447013d28dc94976

02_CV90FOV.jpg.9031129041554132d1bccaee0

03_CV9040.jpg.d18432454d84c3a8b20b1b98f8

04_Lemur_OHW.jpg.e8239ba02c7765058789cd8

05_Leo_1A5.jpg.ff0e5ecc26f4c2a74133b21a0

• Moderators
Tutorials for Lemur OHW only start from Gunner 06 Manual Range,

in the latest version uploaded by Volcano.

Why is this ?

Or are the numbers 01 -> 05 missing ?

THX, K

Ok, I thought it was obvious before, but I guess not.

So, to clarify:

The "Updated Tutorials" are all the scenarios that were fixed, as in, all the ones that had the bug of non blind vehicles, mysterious vehicles firing from off to the left or right of range, and the night issue. This updated scenario pack does not contain all the tutorials, nor does it contain any new ones of something other than was already there.

The intent here is that the user will extract .zip file to their current tutorials and it will overwrite the broken ones with the fixed ones. Do not delete all your tuts and then extract this, because you will be missing a great many of them if you do.

As for the scenario file names themselves, I am not sure what the talk is about, but scenario file names themselves are meaningless. Each tutorial (except for the ones who's file names are in Danish) have an associated localized text file and in that text file the title of the scenario exists. This title is made so that the tutorial list is sorted in a nice way, and in many cases the title you see isn't the name of the actual scenario file itself because they have been... organized. If there are some orphaned / duplicate tutorial files hanging around then let me know and I will have them deleted.

Wow. What a relief it was finding this thread!

I installed the game, launched the first interactive tutorial, and proceeded to get my adz shot off within 30 seconds. Like 10 times in a row. I started to wonder whether I might be doing something wrong.

So anyway.... I took a couple of updates, got a good night's sleep, and I'm feeling much better now, thank you.

A couple of questions though... and I may have figured out the answers myself, but let me throw it out there anyway.

When the TC calls for the change from Sabot to HEAT, the loader will not unload the Sabot round already in the tube, right? So I'm supposed to shoot whatever is loaded whether it's appropriate for the target or not?

Also, when I do get a HEAT round loaded, if I just play dumb and keep shooting they all fall short of the target. Lazing has no effect on this. I kind of figured it was because the computer was not automatically compensating for the difference in ballistics between Sabot and HEAT.

So I started fiddling with the INS/DEL/HOME/END keys, which change the Ammo type according to the key chart on the back of the manual, and all of a sudden I'm hitting the target. I had to guess though because nowhere did I see any positive indication that Ammo Type 1 = Sabot, Ammo Type 2 = HEAT, etc.

So two questions...

Where is this displayed?

Is this supposed to be a manual input? (if so it should probably be mentioned in the tutorial notes along with the proper key assignments)

Thanks.

JD

Yes, it is always a manual input... the M1 has the gunner selecting the correct ammunition type in response to cues from the commander/loader, but on the leopards, the loader sets the selector switch as he completes the loading action, so as the gunner it appears automatic.

The tutorials were broken by a change to the program, but this should largely be fixed by the patch (not yet released). The enemy should be blind, and not fire at the player. Also the early gunner tutorials are supposed to be 'solo' without interference from the commander, and only the sabot ammunition was loaded.

The correct instructions for full operation of the FCS are provided within the later tutorials, specifically for selecting ammunition on the M1A1, "Gunnery F - working with the tank crew".

The fundamental 'solution' is to have a non-flashing ammunition type in the upper right corner. For all weapons this will provide the correct FCS inputs for the ammunition type (except the Leopardo 2E, when using DM12).

You will still need to do corrections for the currently chambered round when switching ammunition types in most autocannon armed vehicles, as not all are 'aware' of the current chambered type. The last round of the previous ammunition nature will be fired with the 'new' ammunition ballistic data from most of these systems. I fire this round using the Aux sight and the last range reading from the LRF, and then relase in the GPS to fire the new ammunition - this minimises the 'waste' of rounds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
One quick question, does this install also fix the gunnery range?

It depends on what you are referring to. If you are one of the guys who can't start certain vehicles in the Tank Range menu, here's a workaround:

Apparently the path and file names of these scenarios is too long for a certain routine in SB Pro. This will get fixed in a future version. A possible workaround is to rename the scenario files to something shorter; this may eventually help to cut the file path length to suit the limit of the text buffer.

In the start menu, type explorer %COMMON_APPDATA% and then go to eSim Games\Steel Beasts\Scenarios\z_reserved\Range.

There, change the scenario file names to something shorter, e.g. "Pir.sce" and test if it will run now. Depending on the language version of Windows this may or may not solve the issue. This is the only workaround possible. If this doesn't help you're out of luck and need to wait for the next update.