SB Generals and SimHQ

CommanderA9

Hey, tankers. Glad to see we're rolling. I'm working on installing Steel Beasts Pro PE and patching it, so I should be grinding tracks soon enough.

Right. A few years back, I joined SIMHQ's Steam group, and just found their site.

http://www.simhq.com/index.html

I also found youtube videos of SB Generals and their site as well.

http://www.sbgenerals.net/

Here's my question: is there a connection between both these sites (I know they're both associated with Steel Beasts and these forums). Is one group effectively the other (i.e., is SB Generals associated or coalitioned under SimHQ)? Are they aligned?

I ask this because I'm interested in joining both since I'm getting back into Steel Beasts, but I don't want to create a situation where I end up trying to join both of 2 rival teams. I ask this because I've seen some names I recognize from these forums posting on either website group.

Nah, SimHQ is a fansite for all simulations.

Generals are a bunch of guys who usually play on a Wednesday, we usually meet up on the SB.com TS server round 1900GMT (20:00 BST)

However me personally I play mostly (well only, at the moment) during the Sunday coop game.

Generals as far as i know are pretty inactive. They havent had a Unit game on wed in a very long time and neither the Monday traning missions. You would be better off going solo like everyone else then be part of a Inactive unit.

Generals as far as i know are pretty inactive. They havent had a Unit game on wed in a very long time and neither the Monday traning missions. You would be better off going solo like everyone else then be part of a Inactive unit.

On the contrary - we are about to kick off again. had a lot of RL issues to take care of lately and didn't had time for SB at all. But this is about to change ;)

If you are interested, we usually kick off around 19 GMT on Wednesday. You don't have to be a member to participate in the games, everybody is welcome. See you on TS!

On the contrary - we are about to kick off again. had a lot of RL issues to take care of lately and didn't had time for SB at all. But this is about to change ;)

If you are interested, we usually kick off around 19 GMT on Wednesday. You don't have to be a member to participate in the games, everybody is welcome. See you on TS!

well thats new news. I am rather surprised. Should we take it you're in command of the SBG from now onwards ? or is Billy comming back from his AWOL status?

Either way i wish you good luck.

Well Billy hasn't been around for quite a while (over a year) due to family reasons, but things were going smooth anyway. I was out of action throughout the summer, and could'nt really take charge of organizing the games for mondays or wednesdays. But now I'm working to get more guys online - at least for wednesday nights.

as stated above, SimHQ is more of a information site, not really a gaming group per say... we do play games/sims... but I've tried a number of times to get a SB Pro PE night, only for 2 to 4 to show up for 2 to 4 weeks. For some reason SB just isn't as popular as I would like at SimHQ. But oh well... I'll be trying again, and planning something big hopefully... one of those "read it- do it" features that are so popular with the air sims.

;)

About joining a VU if you can find a group of guys who know doctrine, theory and military art, then it may be helpful to get in with them. When I started I was not in a VU and simply learned from my mistakes and saw what others were doing. I wasn't bad at that period.

When I did join a VU it opened me up to a number of new ideas and concepts which have stuck with me today and influenced me. However that had more to do with certain people in the VU than the VU itself (who sadly have moved on to other things).

Well, hell, I'll just join up with the SB site game days then, too. :P

Oh, yeah. Magnum, I remember you. I recognized you from Steam.

I've seen 2 groups on Steam related to Steel Beasts: the SimHQ group, and this SB Pro PE User Group. I'm a member of both, though I regret I've never played with them yet.

I'm assuming that this SB Pro PE Group is a sub-division of the SimHQ group?

Well it's all related to SimHQ because I work for them... but when Steam started that Steam group thingy... I first created a SimHQ group, for us to play any steam released games... then I added, old school group (for classics like GR and R6), VBS2, and SB Pro PE... just to have a place for us players to meet, post, and play... because you can add non-steam games to your steam and it will track your usage/play.

So thou their are game groups I created, their only tie to SimHQ is the fact I created them and work for SimHQ.

• 2 weeks later...