Updated skins?

Yskonyn

With the addition of new models since the last major update and now expanded with this new upgrade I was wondering wether the download section of the website is going to be updated to show only compatible mods?

Many skins are now obsolete due to new unit models and I find it quite hard to browse through all the offerings not really knowing wether I can use it or not.

Maybe we should start a sticky with a list of working mods?

Well... no. ;)

The best way would be for the authors to define wether the mod works with the new version.

An easier solution might be to add some comments to repository. Or create a new section in there and move all the working stuff over there.

Or.. just delete all the old mods which are obsolete.

Your car need maintenance once in a while too doesn't it? :biggrin:

Perhaps people from “now” on could be recommended to use the JGSME format as outlined here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=14574

Then you’d know if its in a JGSME format its 2.538 compatible and if not then it may or may not be compatible.

Of course eventually you have the same issue in that everything is in JGSME format but you don’t know if it runs with 2.538, 3.x or 4.x?

• Administrators

Deleting all old mods is not a option. Same for creating new sections every time there's a new version. It's tough enough to get people uploading to the correct section as it is. No need to make it even more complicated to figure it out.

JGSME is a good idea, but it will be impossible to force everyone to figure it out and comply.

The way to go would be to ask authors to make a note of what version their skin works in moving forward. Maybe in the title and the description.

With the addition of new models since the last major update and now expanded with this new upgrade I was wondering wether the download section of the website is going to be updated to show only compatible mods?

Many skins are now obsolete due to new unit models and I find it quite hard to browse through all the offerings not really knowing wether I can use it or not.

Maybe we should start a sticky with a list of working mods?

"Many skins are now obsolete due to new unit models and I find it quite hard to browse through all the offerings not really knowing wether I can use it or not."

Not for folks who did not purchase the upgrade

"Many skins are now obsolete due to new unit models and I find it quite hard to browse through all the offerings not really knowing wether I can use it or not."

Not for folks who did not purchase the upgrade

Yes still, cause the previous update added improved models for some vehicles. :biggrin: