Respawning

nate5188

Looks like some of the local Jedi type gents missed this one. :biggrin:

What you can do to simulate spawning is to [using the mission editor of coarse] set units to spawn as soon as a unit is destroyed.

Example: I create a tank unit in the editor and make it live once the scenario begins. This unit fights in whatever situation I create until it is knocked out.

What I now do is lay down as many other units of the same type wherever I want to place them and assign a spawn condition to all of them in a sequential order. If unit 1 is destroyed spawn unit 2 etc.

What you need to do is play with the mission editor until you get a feel for how the logic works. Trial and error is the best teacher I have found.

Good Luck.

• Members

However, you can't resurrect the player's tanks (per the original question) .... except maybe with a "repair all" function and the condition that the player's tank is dead for a certain amount of time. However, the enemy that killed you is still there and could kill the player's tank right away, so that might not always work out well.

• Moderators

One way to do it would be to have a scenario start with one tank or one platoon, with a score of X to start with. Then have some spawns based on triggers, and those triggers cause a reduction in score. So, lets say the mission score starts as 600, and successful mission (ie. capturing an objective, or destroying the enemy) is another 400 for a total of 1000 points. Now lets say you want "3 lives" for the player, and each time a player spends a life, he loses 200 points (1/3 of 600). In this way a user that can finish a scenario with minimal "lives" spent will get a higher score, and if a user spends all but the last life and still "wins" then maybe he still cannot win based on points, but instead has a minor defeat.

Almost anything is possible in SB if someone thinks creatively enough... :)