Carbomb test scenario

rump

Hi,

Attached is a little test scenario on how to make a civilian car 'explode'. It's basically a bunch of small regions and IED's. The IED's are set to go off when the civilian car and the target (Eagle IV) are in the same region AND the civilian car is operational. The trick is to make the regions as small as possible.

From the report:

0:37hit by IED PC (Station wagon-V) 1/1/C (Red)7795 94558670 Rear X 0:37hit by IED PC (Eagle IV) 1/1/A (Blue)7798 94548698 Front XXX

carbomb_rar.af46d3acafe664258b0498428d29

carbomb.rar

May approach was to make it more personal ;-)

We did run an patrol-scenario a H2H. 6 men on blue side, 2-3 on red. Blue AI switched of.

Blue was to "offer the fight to the enemy", techicals where considered enemy(or anyone shooting at them), everthing else as civilian.

Red was to observe the patrol, and get the (S)VB-IED into their way on one of the designated "vulnerable points". Then the driver could trigger it manually when Blue was close by.

In short: SB offers a completely new class of asymetric scenarios with the update! I love it :-D

btw: who knows what a SDB-RC-IED is? ;-)

But you are wrong in this case:

Suicide Donkey Born-Remote Control-Improvised Explosive Device...

We had one of those during my tour ;-), good thing it only resulted in minor vehicle damage and donkey carnage.

We(S2-cell) only argued about the "S", the poor donkey didn't trigger it...So I would only call it DB-RC-IED

Suicide Donkey Born-Remote Control-Improvised Explosive Device...

They use donkeys - how sick are those people!!! :decu:

Glad to hear you guys were unhurt. I must admit I had never heard of them using live animals - I guess the media doesn't want to show that over here. As a nation of 'animal lovers', we would hate them even more than we do now...

Oh, I'm sure that with the application of a sufficient amount of spin-doctoring it would somehow still be our fault. We're forcing them to attack us with donkeys by denying them other forms of attack, or something.

Well put. Too true...

We'll probably end up paying them some form of 'compensation' too, or some other financial aid.

Hungry and starved dogs were trained to look for food beneath tanks. When the Germans came the dogs were let loose with explosives strapped to them with a large 'paddle' switch sticking up (as seen in the pic). This would set the explosives off when they rushed under a tank. A rather crude Russian idea...

It became common practice for German tank crews to shoot any dogs they saw roaming around.

Edited by Quagmire

anti-tank-dogs.jpg

roflmao... i've read where those units actually achieved Guards titles due to their effectiveness. heh, during WWII the Russians would train the dogs to eat and sleep under tanks with the engines turned off and, or course, stopped. then they would train them with the engine on. Then they would train them to approach the moving tanks and run underneath them. All the while, they are eating and sleeping under the tanks when resting -- basically, the Soviets trained the dogs to become very comfortable around tanks and that the underbelly of the tank is where to rest and more importantly, to eat. So, they let them go a little hungry before the big attack and attach mines to their backs with whip-antenna triggers. boom, dead tank. This photo is probably of the training. That T-34 has a mock turret and gun.

strange enough, some of the dogs survived the attacks. IIRC, Guards dog units even held a place in the first victory parades held in Moscow after the war. Frigin' nuts.

So....Ssnake, can we add the K-9's too? lol.