The Eagle IV

Sgt_Anzac

In real life the Eagle IV have a crew of 1+4, I’m guessing the gunner is one of the transported soldiers, both when equipped with a pintle mounted MG/HMG/GMG or a RWS. I understand that at this time there is no way for SB to simulate a crewmember leaving a vehicle rendering a crew station unusable. That means there are still 3 soldiers i the vehicle.

I guess the Eagle was specifically modeled to train soldiers in the operation of RWS, and that the need for the 4 (3) scouts to be able to disembark was not a priority.

I have no idea how much work it would involve adding 3 lightly armed dismounts to the vehicle, but i do know it would make this little gem a lot more useful, and realistic.

In my opinion, a recon vehicle without the ability to dismount a recon team will be limited in its use.

If this small but significant addition to the Eagle has not been considered, i hope you will take it into consideration now.

Thanks for your time.

I have an idea along these lines.

Recently some of our Reserve armoured units converted to "light Cav" (this is sort of along the lines of how most of the US ACRs are now wheeled instead of tracked).

In terms of their training, whilst it doesn't need to be platform specific, it would be nice if the vehicle looked like what they use and more importantly performed like it.

An ASLAV doesn't look anything like a Land Rover (even on a dark and stormy night) and tends to be able to go to a lot more places. And of course the Land Rover doesn't have a 25mm stabilised turret! :)

There maybe a military user requirement for a light 4 x 4 vehicle with dismounts. Now not sure if the G wagon is a closer fit than the Eagle (as the Land Rover is unarmoured) but the Land Rover does carry a MG.

No idea if someone would sign off on this (no doubt they'd need a formal user requirement document) and that maybe influenced by how much it would cost to have developed.

But if it made it easier to adopt one of these existing models (i.e. add dismounts to one or both) then that might be sufficient.