Problems with 2.538 install

Jester_UK

Been away a long.... LONG time..... In fact the last version of SB I had installed was 2.328 Beta, but decided it was time to get back in the saddle again.

I had a word with Ssnake and he suggested skipping the intervening versions and just getting the latest version (ie: 2.538) which I have done.

Since this PC hasn't had SB installed on it, and I'd read that you should uninstall earlier version prior to installing 2.538, I didn't bother installing the older version but just installed the downloaded files.

The install and upgrading the licence went fine but I can't run the sim. In the menu my mouse pointer is about an inch above and to the left of the options and on checking the tank range no vehicles are listed.

I'm sure I've done something stupid. Anyone tell me what I've missed?

Hi Homer. Long time no see.

That was the problem..... ONce I tried to set it to full screen mode I couldn't click on the OK to confirm it (since the OK "hotspot" had moved behind the resolution selection box and wasn't accessible.

I had tried restarting the sim and even restarting my PC but neither worked. Weird thing is after leaving it for a couple of hours the problem has resolved itself without any further action on my part. So I'm a happy camper from that point of view but it bugs me when problems disappear like that (years of being a technician mean I want to know what causes an issue like this!).

One other very basic question though:

The Y-axis on my X-52 is reversed..... I know that there is a key input to reverse it (CTRL-J) but I'm sure there used to be a way to permanently sort the issue out. If my memory's not playing tricks on me, can you remind me what I need to do?