Very very very small bug

Raploc

I ran into this little bug last night. I was horsing around in SBProPe and decided to go out and spank some T-80's. So I set up a small senario, 1 Leoa1 against 4 T-80 armed to the max except I made them impotent :). I started out 3300 meters and the T-80 where spitting out their sabots as fast as they could. Well of course nothing happend them T-80's being impotent. After a while they were down to their HEAT rounds and I was out of range so I decided to close the gap and kill them. Then suddenly I was within their range again and the HEAT rounds were exploding left and right of me until I got hit by the HE effect of a HEAT round and started taking damage. So my first reaction was WTF!!That was my last reaction because they killed me. Yes sir I was killed by impotent T-80's using the dreaded HE effect. I wanted to mention this little bug probably %99.99 will never experience it.

• 4 years later...
  • Moderators

No, it is still the same. The reason is that the splash damage on HE/HEAT/HESH/artillery is handled differently than all the rest so a change here is rather extensive. To make a long story short, these rounds cause direct impact damage (and those damages are not possible if the firing vehicle is impotent) but they also come with an added "proximity" type damage, which is hard to exclude. In the future this is planned to be handled differently but the reason it has taken so long is that some other things must be changed first.

I recommend that if you have a scenario with impotent units then do not give those units HEAT rounds.