Mission 6 briefing Sunday 12th Sept 17.00 GMT (zulu)

Sgt_Anzac

Situation: ~36H have passed since the last mission.

Most of the company have been repairing and resupplying east of Elanga.

As soon as a 3 vehicle platoon could be spared it was sent north to relive the Cav troop and set up Ops to warn of any enemy movements.

So far everything is quite up north.

Blueland have sent more reinforcements to Elanga, and since 6h ago they are managing the defensive line on their own. 1 Cav Troops act as a QRF in the rear area.

Heavy fighting have taken place south west of Elanga, about a company of infantry was airdropped in our rear area to disrupt our defenses and stop reinforcements from reaching Elanga. This situation was dealt with by the Australian Arm Cav.

The company is down to 3 platoons of CVs.

Blueland have given you command of a platoon of tanks (3), and a motorized platoon of infantry (trucks) for this mission.

The rest of the Bn is involved in delaying actions North and East of FOB Kalix.

No more spare CVs are available as replacement at this time, and due to the involvement of Redlands air-force we do not expect this situation to change in a few days perhaps as much as a week.

Orders:

C1 (castle 1 Bn cmd)

My intent is to delay any units moving south along the route to Elanga.

This will give Blueland units in Elanga time to prepare the defense of the town enough to be able to hold the town on their own.

Set up OPs along route red to warn of any Redland units heading south.

Engage and delay the enemy along route red at your own discretion for at least 1.5 hours.

At line 86 North break contact and pull back east of the river via Elanga main bridge.

Intel:

At this time we do believe that enemy’s main effort is focused on the easternmost route.(East of FOB Kalix) And that their objective is to capture an airstrip. But we suspect that at least a reduced regiment is moving south along the westernmost route. (Route red) composition of lead element unknown but we suspect a Bn size mech unit with tanks cross attached.

Edited by Sgt_Anzac

OK, as the night fell, B Coy started the delay action north of Elanga. We delayed the enemy battalion for some 2 hours, causing ~30% casualties, and withdrew once the enemy Bn stopped the attack due to our superiority in the dark. We had some infantry casualties, and CV damage, but no KO vehicles. The enemy lost at least 5 T-55s and M113s, BRDM-2s, URALs...

All in all, we fared damn well in the difficult conditions, and conducted very effective delaying action. Katie had the biggest hurry, as he was towing away the damaged and stuck vehicles all the time, even during arty strikes :D

Thanks to Joona, a newcomer to SB for gunning for Elrandir... See you next Sunday! Out!

You guys did exelent, i could have sworn we did alot more damade to you then we did.

and one thing is for sure, the CV9040c can hold its own against t-55s!!

At least at night and in the jungle =)

A problems during this mission was the pathfinding for the AI, lots and lots of them got stuck along the roads in the woods. also, AI T55s would not engage moving CVs 25 meters away. For the sake of playability i gave all the units on the red side NVGs (to be able to use the observer view and coax them out of the woods if stuck) and still they would not engage.

But i think the red side had fun! At least i did=)

Bah! Dropped again. :(

Still, got to blast the MG at some troops.

And mortar something.

Hmm, maybe I could play the part of Command with a list of things to say?

Because at the moment I spend 20mins driving along the road, find the enemy, shoot something, then computer/internet says no & drops my connection like last weeks Hello!

*String of expletives*

When sitting on that hill after killing the 3 tanks I actually almost ordered a counter-attack... When the steel rain began, and more and more got damage and KT was being shelled (in his only M88) I actually felt futile for a while. It's quite dramatic that a simple computer game can do that to you... Even all real life field exercises don't get you so sucked in the moment :D

But yes, this was the mission to ruin most marriages!

As much as I would like to claim the old adage of: 'The only way forwards is sideways'

I dropped just after contact with the recon elements.

Curse my s***ty internet intolerent hardware. :(

But indeed some areas were more like ice rinks than thick jungle mud.....

Going down steep slopes was, er, interesting.

**Stamps on imaginary brake**

yes I witnessed one of my units whistle past me only to wined up in a swamp (fortunately not wrapped around the tree behind it) after what I thought was handbrake failure but may well have been mud slide.

Undecided on this though as two other units managed to remain stationary on the same hill.

As much as I would like to claim the old adage of: 'The only way forwards is sideways'

I dropped just after contact with the recon elements.

Curse my s***ty internet intolerent hardware. :(

But indeed some areas were more like ice rinks than thick jungle mud.....

Going down steep slopes was, er, interesting.

**Stamps on imaginary brake**

Oh and here was I thinking there must have been G&T's on back at the Mess or something. :D

Oh and here was I thinking there must have been G&T's on back at the Mess or something. :D

Oh yeah, at the mess, you name a drink, they have it.

20 different bottles of whiskey last I checked, all different kinds.

I saw Zip disappear in that direction so it must be 19 now. :biggrin:

But its only export grade Grolsch in my wagon, the one useful thing about a FOV90 is the empty 40mm ammo racks. :)