Ideas list

Hedgehog

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how hard would it be, just a question, to make the m3a2 platoon fixed so you can make a 6 vehicle platoon? is it even possible? reason I ask is because i make my scenerios to be modeled after a cav squadron and they had 6 bradley platoons. if that isnt possible, would it be possible to have it so you can attach two more brads to a 4 brad platoon using the attach command?

• Members
I'm confused... the RPG-7 is an infantry weapon right?

How can that be playable???

Please explain your logic...

You could treat them as a special sight & ammo selection of the squad leader. Not saying that this is how it's going to be done or that we're working on this, but if you treated a squad like a vehicle entity with numerous sensors and weapons, and let the user control only the heavier weapons/non-rifles, it might work out.

You could treat them as a special sight & ammo selection of the squad leader. Not saying that this is how it's going to be done or that we're working on this, but if you treated a squad like a vehicle entity with numerous sensors and weapons, and let the user control only the heavier weapons/non-rifles, it might work out.

I would love that solution!

So, short and sweet, a playable grunt then?

A semi playable grunt..how many times have you looked at a troop get up to take the shot and then go back down again...... and get back up and back down with you saying take the shot you #$#^%#%#!!!!! And then he gets up only to be mowed down by the tank that saw some idiot doing jumping jacks behind him.

Would be nice to manually fire the RPG.... i don't care about the rest of the weapons

• Moderators
So, short and sweet, a playable grunt then?

No, a playable squad leader. :) Something just about every game fails at, they have infantry running amok all over the battlefield with no coordination. A playable squad leader would of course have a first person perspective to fire and move, but the stress would be on the tactical element of coordinating your two fire teams through first person point and click orders.

Don't get too excited though, just ideas and day dreams at the moment. The good thing is, someone on the team has extensive experience as a squad leader when the time comes. ;)

Perhaps the helicopters that are capable, could have an M-88 type function to slingload vehicles they are capable of lifting and depositing them somewhere else. CH-47s and others are capable of lifting HUMVEEs and LAV type vehicles. This is a potent tool, to be able to quickly reposition forces irregardless of terrain. Doesnt the pinata or one of the new Spanish vehicles have a 105 mm gun ? Finding a company worth of direct fire vehicles in the rear areas isnt unsettling, I would think. Just my .02$ us. http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/army/docs/101st-goldbook/index.html

Air Assault,

Mog

No, a playable squad leader. :) Something just about every game fails at, they have infantry running amok all over the battlefield with no coordination. A playable squad leader would of course have a first person perspective to fire and move, but the stress would be on the tactical element of coordinating your two fire teams through first person point and click orders.

Have you tried Full Spectrum Warrior?