Ideas list

Hedgehog

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know this is completely along the lines of what is considered “gamming” rather than what this sim is representing but being able to use the elevation keys of “Q” and “Z” would also be nice in single player scenarios versus computer. I know, I know it’s not very realistic but it would be a nice tool on the odd occasion. Maybe being able to use it in the above stated situation but only for a limited number of times during the life of the scenario.

• Members
How about being able to fire a smoke round from a tank?

Smoke rounds are available for 105mm guns (they require a high projectile spin rate to disperse properly). Otherwise pretty much all the vehicles can pop smoke volleys (but the number of smoke screens that they can fire is limited). However, if the scenario designer wishes so he can remove the smoke rounds in the ammunition control dialog (so it's then a matter of mission design).

Add in MPAT rounds for 120mm guns, reason for original omission was there were no helicopters in SB.

Add some kind of TC AI system where if there are enemy tanks known to be in the area or if you've encountered tanks recently the TC is less likely to load HEAT when encountering a PC. Very dangerous having the TC constantly changing to HEAT when tanks are popping up.

Oh and the reason for my suggestion of targeting PC and such over bridge laying tanks is I've had problems where the TC will slew my sight away from a PC to a bridge tank resulting in the PC killing me.

Dont know if anyone has said already but the option to call for repair or supply vehicle to come straight to your position when called and do its stuff, would save having to get it there yourself, or is that lazy, :)

Both lazy and asking for troubble.

Rest asure that IF you do that they WILL cross the killzone where the enemy has full FOV as the AI isnt that smart.

/KT

• Members

It's primarily a question of logistics and operational requirements. How large is the stock of existing live ammo, and does the RAC consume enough training ammo to keep an ammo factory alive. If not, at some point the transition is inevitable unless the British are going to subsidize 120mm ammo production.

• Members

Hedge, what are you complaining about?

The L55 is a good choice with a considerable range of available munitions - DM63 KE, DM22 HE with programmable fuzing, dU ammo (if you must use it) from the US, Canister, MPAT, APAM, etc. All this probably at reduced prices since all the smoothbore user nations keep ammo production at a profitable level, with at least four or five factories competing.

OK, so the ex Royal Ordnance factory closes doors, that sucks. Subsidizing jobs sucks, too, especially since subsidies will quickly start to live a life of their own. OK, so you don't get British ammo for your British tanks - gee, your planes aren't dropping British bombs and shooting British missiles either, and the RAF is still flying, isn't it. The realities for Europe are that a unified market is large enough but that individual nations no longer want to spend the dough to upkeep the full spectrum of armament production at national level. It's not as if with BAE you haven't got a big player left, and a decent semi-governmental research organization with Qinetiq.

As far as I can see it, it's a natural consequence of market consolidation.

The ability to map joystick axises.

My current set up has 6 axises, it would be nice to map some of those to movement commands. Like set my throttle to forward and reverse with a settable detent and dead area for all stop. Set my rudder peddles for left right. You get the picture.

Hedge, what are you complaining about?

The L55 is a good choice with a considerable range of available munitions - DM63 KE, DM22 HE with programmable fuzing, dU ammo (if you must use it) from the US, Canister, MPAT, APAM, etc. All this probably at reduced prices since all the smoothbore user nations keep ammo production at a profitable level, with at least four or five factories competing.

OK, so the ex Royal Ordnance factory closes doors, that sucks. Subsidizing jobs sucks, too, especially since subsidies will quickly start to live a life of their own. OK, so you don't get British ammo for your British tanks - gee, your planes aren't dropping British bombs and shooting British missiles either, and the RAF is still flying, isn't it. The realities for Europe are that a unified market is large enough but that individual nations no longer want to spend the dough to upkeep the full spectrum of armament production at national level. It's not as if with BAE you haven't got a big player left, and a decent semi-governmental research organization with Qinetiq.

As far as I can see it, it's a natural consequence of market consolidation.

I wasn't complaining about the armaments industry, though more than one uber company would be nice.

I was complaining about our Government, which as it stands, hasn't technically been elected yet, and in my opinion needs a good kick up the backside.