Dongle Update?

Apocalypse 31

• Members

As a GENERAL ADVICE TO ALL OUR CUSTOMERS I would like to advise everybody to upgrade their CM stick's firmware. The latest firmware is version 1.15. You can check it by right-clicking the CodeMeter tray icon and then selecting "Show" (the first menu entry).

This opens the CodeMeter Control Center. On the right side you will see three icons - a pen, a lightbulb, and a circular error. Click this (and follow the on-screen instructions) to update your firmware. To the left of that circular arrow you can see the current firmware.

Apparently quite a number of problems that have been reported lately can be solved by doing this.

Hmm. I tried to update as recommended but during the process, I got a error box stating a problem had been encountered and the update was cancelled. Now my codemeter shows a steady red light. I have to head out for most of the day so I'll have to see whats wrong when I get back. I wasn't having any issues so maybe I should of left it alone.

• Members
Hmm. I tried to update as recommended but during the process, I got a error box stating a problem had been encountered and the update was cancelled. Now my codemeter shows a steady red light.

This indicates that the stick still is in Firmware Update Mode (FUM). Try again, and usually it recovers. If it doesn't, contact me please.

• Administrators

I'm not sure its the greatest idea, unless someone has a problem with their stick or licenses. Apparantly this is reflashing part of the firmware of the stick, and if it fails the stick will be useless until its revived by someone with a emulator.

This indicates that the stick still is in Firmware Update Mode (FUM). Try again, and usually it recovers. If it doesn't, contact me please.

Finally got a chance to take a look at this. First off, the Codemeter icon no longer shows up in the icon tray.

I inserted the stick and get the Win 7 pop-up asking if I want to

"Scan and fix(Recommended). This will prevent future problems when copying files to this device" or the

"Continue without scanning" options.

I clicked on the first option and got a choice of:

"Automatically fix the system errors" or

"Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors"

Again I chose the first option. The green bar of progress seemed to run properly. I then get a pop-up with general options. Only thing that shows is the "open folder to view files" icon. Clicking on it says that the folder is empty. Little bit lost here. Should I uninstall and try to re-install SB Pro?

• Members

Reinstalling Steel Beasts won't help here. And I'm also skeptical about letting Windowes try to fix a USB stick that actually ISN'T a flash drive even though it utilizes the mass storage device driver.

I think it's best to describe your case to the CodeMeter support team. Chances are it will need to get replaced, but maybe they have a great idea how we can avoid this hassle.

Well its just an email address so how about copying it from the web page switching to your email software, opening a new message and pasting it into the "To:" line?

Well, I guess I should of been able to figure that out myself. Must of been getting frustrated at that point. Anyway, I got a hold of them and everything's good. They had me run the update process again and this time it went okay. Thanks for the help!