2.5xx Bradley, kudos Deja and Volcano

Hackworth

My gosh deja! the model and skin for the new Bradley is incredible. Really, i cannot think of anything to be done to it! the tracks now have space where it belongs and are more narrow. the ATGM launcher is hollow. The details to the outer surfaces are beautiful. i've only played with it twice since the new release. i am sure i will see more new details as i continue to use it. in fact, i need to get back to the mission i'm playing :biggrin:. i just had to duck out and post this.

oh and not to mention the new engine sounds...kudos to you too volcano! sounds great, and the transition to a stop is spot on.

The Bradley is awesome, no question about that. The improvement over the old model and skins is such that it actually is a new vehicle.

But there are so many new mighty tanks in this upgrade: the M1A2, the M1... The M60 TTS... The new T-72 variants... Not to mention the Challenger.

Thank you Dejawolf, Volcano, and any other guy(s) who may have joined the process of creating the new beasts we now enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

FOs now have a new A3 Bradley to ride around in. All units with A2 tanks or A3 Brads have the new A3 BFIST. If you want to use a G/VLLD you need to take it out of the vehicle and ground mount it, but the vehicle itself has the ability to lase, and work up a grid to the target. The FSO in the back can then transmit a fire mission digitally to the FDC directly without sending it over voice comms. The new A3 Brads also have comparable thermals to the tanks, and apply lead for the 25mm as well as having an independant commander's sight and FBCB2 compatability.

The gun operates the same but the TOW launcher does not. The software that enables the use of the FIST functions makes the tow missile select buttons switch between fire mission 1 and fire mission 2. The TOW mode button sends the info to the FIST computer in the back. The vehicle still has a launcher, and it can still be raised, but with the FIST software there is no way to send a firing signal to the missile, or put the fire control system in TOW mode (unless you trick it in a diagnostic mode).

On the old A2 version of the M7 BFIST, the TOW launcher did not raise, and did not have tubes in it. It housed a North seeking gyro. These vehicles could not fire TOWs at all. On the new A3 version, a software download and the removal of one data plate on the Systems Control Box, will essentially turn it into an M3A3 with a fancy seat in the back. All the needed components are there. Also of note, is that the A3 BFIST has mounts for 4 radios instead of 2.