Operation Variable 2

Tacbat

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This saturday and the one ~22rd Jan are out of my reach, thanks to work and my favourite hobby, but otherwise should be doable, especially if it's only few missions a month!

Well, how about we see if someone else will answer the call before then? Afterall, you've got your own campaign to run for the time being. We don't want you overdosing on SB. :wink:

OK, I've been feeling guilty ever since Sean posted his CO stats report, since I play nearly every Friday but never CO. :)

So I'll volunteer if nobody better or more experienced steps out of the ranks. I'd "prefer" to XO and get a little OJT, so to speak, but I'll CO if it's necessary.

And I thought the USAF taught me to never volunteer... :shocked:

OK Toyguy, that would be great.

How about we see if anyone jumps in over the weekend, and if by Monday morning no one else puts their hand up, you're it? That will give you next week to read through the rules, and to come up with a plan.

As far as XO, maybe Zipuli might be able to help you out, and I think Trackpad had expressed some interest in the past as well.

Toyguy, are you still good for CO'ing the Red side? Do you have an XO in mind?

Is there anyone that would like to be the Red XO? Your only responsability as an XO is to fill in for the CO if he can't make it for one of the missions. Otherwise, you're just a normal member of the team.

This position needs to be filled before we start the campaign...

I'll post up the first mission sometime today. You and the Blue CO will need to send me some info like where you want your CCP and UAV areas put, and if you want any of you units reorganized into smaller subunits. If you want me to put down some graphics for you to save time come game night, I can do that for you as well, as long as I get the info back from you by Thursday.

The rules are at the beginning of this thread, so that should be all you need for now. I'll send you a spreadsheet after mission 1 with the points which will help you manage your reinforcement selection.

I could probably play Friday but I'd be much happier with the following Friday instead. Reason being I start an off-hours pager rotation this Friday at noon, through the following Friday at noon, and there's a degree of likelihood that I'll get pinged Friday night. The following Friday I'll be off-duty.

Just want to bump this thread to let everyone know that we'll be starting the campaign this Friday (28 Jan).

As a heads-up, players will be drafted to either one side or the other. So just show up and join the session. Myself, along with the two CO's, will drop into our own channel to conduct the draft. Once done, I'll announce who will be on what side, then everyone can switch to their appropriate Teamspeak channel. Your CO will then direct you into your company/platoon/vehicle as the case may be. The draft shouldn't take more then about 10 min, so please be patient if there's a bit of a delay before we get going with the mission.

If everyone who wants to play shows up 15-20 min early, that will help speed things up.

If you can't make it for mission 1, there's no problem showing up for mission 2 or any of the later missions.

Edited by Tacbat

If everyone who wants to play shows up 15-20 min early, that will help speed things up.

You know Tactical Bat, you could always just state the earlier assembly time as the mission start time. :sonic: That way everyone should be on time. :)

(Or have I let the cat out of the bag now?)