Throwing in the towel.

Apocalypse 31

I am a fan of SBPro PE, and it is the best tank/armoured combat sim out there. BUT as far as combined arms sims or games, there are others. With larger more active communities. I have found myself spending more time in Arma2 because of its larger community and ease of use on online play vs the SBPro PE 1990s reprogram your router approach.

I do think ESim games could learn a lot from some other game companies, like those who produced Arma2.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am a fan of SBPro PE, and it is the best tank/armoured combat sim out there. BUT as far as combined arms sims or games, there are others. With larger more active communities. I have found myself spending more time in Arma2 because of its larger community and ease of use on online play vs the SBPro PE 1990s reprogram your router approach.

I do think ESim games could learn a lot from some other game companies, like those who produced Arma2.

eSim is no game company like these others. I would not even describe them to anyone at all as a "game company". The focus of Flashpoint/armA-series is a diffrerent one, both in approach and target audience. I agree, these do for infantry what SBP does for tanks and IFVs and what falcon 4 does for fighterjets. But the vehicles in ArmA are just - pathetic. When I still used to play it, I ignored tanks and vehicles completely, that surreal they are modelled.

If you want infantry missions, go for ArmA. If you want tanks and IFVs (I tend to ignore helicopters completely and infantry to cinsiderable degree), go for SBP. For jets, go for F4. And for tactics and strategy, go for a dedicated cosim.

It makes little sense to compare apples with oranges, or to expect one thing to be what it simply isn't, since it is something else. As much as a melting-together of ArmA's infantry possibilities and SBP's ground vehicles would be desirable, I think it will not happen any time soon - if ever. Game company'S lack eSim'S expertise in vehicles, and due to their professional committments, eSim lacks the resources to maintain an effort like such an ambitious project, I think.

Let'S be realistic in expectations. That way one can 1.) enjoy better what one already has gotten: a benchmark sim in it's field, and b.) one cannot get dissappointed by future developements (or lack of).

Well thats it for me folks. Been supporting this sim for a few years, but I think my time is done here...

don't "go". buy a modem and ditch your router. gee wiz...

we all want shit, but personally, i think you're way out of line given the history of this sim and everything we've gotten per our request. besides, without those military contracts, we'd be playing SB1 at about patch whatever was circa 2001. this is a SUPER-niche product. but i ain't angry at ya :biggrin:

trust me, my knee-jerk was a good flaming.

Let'S be realistic in expectations. That way one can 1.) enjoy better what one already has gotten: a benchmark sim in it's field, and b.) one cannot get dissappointed by future developements (or lack of).

As I mentioned in my post, my biggest gripe with eSim games, is the router issue. Why the hell does EVERY other game, program, and simulator on the market not require me to hack my router, reprogram it to run Global Thermonuclear War, and then rename it WHOPPER? (If you dont know that I am being slightly sarcastic then there is no hope for you.) This has been my biggest complaint about SBPro PE. In todays day and age of faster, easier, smoother, SBPro PE is none of those things when it comes to what is often considered priority one, uno, ein, to 99.95% of the companies that deal in computer programs. Does it connect peer to peer, without having to be a person with a screen name of Acidburn, or Crash Overide, and have stock in Sysco Routers.

• Administrators

Port forwarding is not that hard to do really - its not like its rocket science. Some vendors make crappy routers, not much can be done about that. Don't forget that those lobby systems that work so great will simply vanish when whatever publisher gets tired of hosting it and has moved on to some other product or has gone out of business. Think janes sims, etc.

thats wierd, but i dont have to reprogram my routre to play this simulator online. yes there are many things i would love for esim to add to this, like the old bradley model, and have most vehicles playable, but even I know that there are limitations to what esim can do due to other priorities. i dont complain because no other sim have I found where the developers are active in the forums listening and talking to us "little guys" so to speak. When I had an issue with my dongle, it was settled in a quick and satisfying manner, where in other games i still would be waiting for results. You can choose to make due with what you have, and be happy with it, or move on, but dont flame esim because it cant cater to you on every instance, I think they have done a great job addressing the concerns of the community, compromising where needed and so on. I would play online like i used to had I had the time but i have to sneak time to play when i do play and make scenerios.

What brought me to this community was that Sb is not a big game company and pays more attention to ballistics and armor than flashy graphics and idiot proof connectivity. It's a military grade training tool that we get an opportunity to use. That can't be said about many products.

Most complaints I see come from those that joined the community after the release of Pro Pe. I still remember waiting 4 years 8 months playing sb1 waiting for the release of Pro Pe. I appreciate every patch and update just as much as the first release of Pro Pe as I am sure most old guard do. I prefer a small reliable community over a giant flash in the pan one.

As I mentioned in my post, my biggest gripe with eSim games, is the router issue. Why the hell does EVERY other game, program, and simulator on the market not require me to hack my router, reprogram it to run Global Thermonuclear War, and then rename it WHOPPER?

It is curious, but I didn't have any problem with my router whatsoever, which is lucky enough, since I wouldn't know what to do in that particular case, and I must say that my old router (Hawkings) ain't big deal either...

Cheers,

P.

A box of MRE's Mpow? I think eSim would like to, I don't know, keep these guys.... The Supreme Court of the United States has recently ruled that feeding prisoners MREs is a violation of the 'cruel and unusual punishment' clause of the Constitution.

That said, I don't know what all the grief was about. I haven't been around that long, granted, but when I had my problem getting the tutorial update to work the help I got here was great! I was knocked out by the promptness that Nils and others got back to me and their patience dealing in with a noob who is quite capable of ruining a computer by hitting the 'on' switch.

Like some of you out there, I'd like a drivable M1A2 too (actually for sentimental reasons I'd also like a drivable M60A3- first tank I was in) but I'm sure that's coming in the future and I'm patient and more than satisfied with the current content.

Can't wait to get myself 'trained up' so I can try out some of the other features of this sim, like scenario editing and map editing. And meeting some of you online.

when I had my problem getting the tutorial update to work the help I got here was great! I was knocked out by the promptness that Nils and others got back to me and their patience dealing in with a noob who is quite capable of ruining a computer by hitting the 'on' switch.

Yeah, same thing here. Every time I ask something and get the usual prompt answer, in the next days I keep watching my bank account to check whether that fast support has a cost, but alas, nope...:debile2:

Cheers,

P.

"Yes, in 2011. I wanted to wait with the news until the new patch was ready for release - probably tomorrow - but I guess there isn't much harm in telling it now. We have just hired two additional programmers - Lukas and Christoph - and one of them will exclusively focusing his attention on implementing 3D characters. We will invest a six-digit dollar figure to get 3D characters implemented, so you can rest assured that we are fully committed to this"

Well a tanksim without moving roadwheels (suspension) is so not 2010 either. How about putting the other new programmer on this to get sbp up to date. Some may say it would be eyecandy , well isnt 3d infantry as well? And lets be honoust do you know of a sim or game that features tanks without movind roadwheels? In fact this has been around in sims like operation flashpoin cold war crisis and that is some old sim.

Oscar,

One of my all time favorite cartoons has three frames. Its title is "The Three Personality Types." Each frame has more or less the same picture: a guy sitting at a bar with a partially filled mug of beer. The first frame is the 'Optomist' who says, "My beer is still half full." The second, the 'Pessimist' who claims, "Mine is already half empty." The third is the 'Crank,' who wildly declares, "Hey! I ordered a cheeseburger."

Nothing wrong with cheeseburgers, though. I hear that double cheeseburgers are on special at McDonalds for just a dollar.

And lets be honoust do you know of a sim or game that features tanks without movind roadwheels?

Uh....I do...and its called SB ProPe and it is the best armor sim out there.

Why does everyone complain about what this sim doesn't have , and not give props to what it does.

I hear a certain bodybuilding supplement, now off the market; can cause Nystagmus and might give the illusion of bouncing road wheels .