WWI finaly "over"

Grenny

I don't know why reparations weren't seriously negotiated, but the four major allies agreed to the reunification and a contract which de facto is a peace treaty for WW2.

After WW2 there was no government left to negotiate a peace treaty with.

Well, we in the GDR considered the factories and other stuff that where taken down and shipped to the CCCP reparation enough...Besides the fact that we had the feed more then half a million sowjets for more than 40 years.

After WW2 there was no government left to negotiate a peace treaty with.

Well, we in the GDR considered the factories and other stuff that where taken down and shipped to the CCCP reparation enough...Besides the fact that we had the feed more then half a million sowjets for more than 40 years.

that poor side of Germany was literally pillaged by the Soviets. i don't think your common westerner realizes this. they completely dismantled and shipped back any industrial equipment possibly worth anything to the USSR for repayment. Russia's giant leap forward in technology I guess. check out pics of them creating those many canals in the 20's and 30's that Stalin demanded be built -- frigin caveman equipment for a 20th century job, built on the bones of prison labor. good times...