Reloading in the CV9040C

Dräger

What's the correct process for ordering a reload? My problem occurs in combat.

All to often, with KE, or HEAT, i'll order a reload, and nothing happens. It just sits there at 0/200...

I'll switch to another vehicle, and come back a min later to my "reload" problem vehicle and the AI will have it reloaded.

Now I just back out to a safe spot and switch vehicles when I need to reload.

The CV9040B and CV9040C are a bit different from the other currently implemented vehicles, as they have an on-the-fly replenishable ammunition feed, which holds a maximum of 25 rounds of three different varieties (8 of each, plus the round in the breach).

The ammunition racks are reloaded when each ammunition type is replenished - I prefer to use <Shift> Ins, <Shift> Del, <Shift> Home for the main ammunition feed, and use <Shift> Pagedown if I also *need* to reload the coax, as this requires the turret power to be interrupted for safety.

I assume that a reading of 0:200 indicates the mg ammunition (which is also depleted), and this takes several minutes during which the turret and gun are offline to complete.

A second cause for loading not completing, which is observable in the ASLAV-25 default loadout is when stored ammunition is not given any 'ready' ammount, which prevents any transfer of the remaining stored ammunition into the ready rack. (This is also ironically also present in the M2A2 "reloading" tutorial, where ready limits are 10 rounds for HE and APFSDS, and zero for TOW.)

Well the value(0/200) I gave was generalized. I was referrering mostly to HEAT or KE.

I'm not following you on using the Shift function. I use the F1 view, mouse over to reload(KE/HEAT) and enter Reload/KE/HEAT, whichever I'm currently using, at 0/87... This value will not reload(I receive no flashing "Reloading KE/HEAT").