Salute..

O_Smiladon

Salute Guys,

Would just like to introduce myself, Steve from Auckland New Zealand 43 years young and getting younger.

I have been gaming now for the 2 ½ years and I love my Aircraft Sims Rise of flight, Lock On, Black Shark and soon Storm of War.

I have been a beta tester for World of Tanks which is fun, but no way a sim, which is my love of gaming.

I have been pointed this way by a few people and Today I ordered Steel Beast Pro PE fro esims so I look forward to meeting up with some of you in MP , but since I will be a complete NOOB at this I ask the you target the crap out of me…:) well not really..

Will get used to the sim and see how I go first, I am into skinning and plan to make some skins for my beast something with a Kiwi flavor and No it will not be Kiwi Fruit .:)

Anyway just thought I would pop in and say hello and if you have any pointers will take them onboard with appreciation.

Regards

Steve

Aka O_Smiladon

At one of the older iterations of this fansite, there was an app that allowed members to pin their location on a world map. Mention that because I was wondering about how many members there are here now from Australia and New Zealand. (Though only one from Tasmania, I reckon.)

Welcome aboard O_Smiladon, I think you'll find it might just be the best $125 you ever spent :)

At one of the older iterations of this fansite, there was an app that allowed members to pin their location on a world map. Mention that because I was wondering about how many members there are here now from Australia and New Zealand. (Though only one from Tasmania, I reckon.)

I remember that, it was very interesting to see where the community was located, what ever happened to it, did it get lost in one of the website upgrades?

Thanks guys,

looking forward to what this sim has to offer. And the exciting devlopments that are still to come and being apart of that.

I feel I have arrived at the right time with some cool content on the way. :)

As we say here in New Zealand is "Kia Kaha" which loosley means be strong and go hard!!

O_Smiladon

As we say here in New Zealand "Fush and Chups"

:diable:

:sonic:

Did you hear about the kiwi who thought the canning stock route was a yearly event?.

I hear NZ are going to start driving on the right to comply with the rest of the world. To avoid confusion they're gonna start with trucks and buses.

And another happy convert.

:biggrin: did you finally get the free upgrade Skybird?

hi there O_Smiladon , I´m also new here and I see these forums are very nice!

I know the waiting for the simulation (I will don´t call it a game anymore) is hard but it deserve it (I wait 22 days for receive it here in Argentina, not an esim delay, just the customs+mail system) now I just scratching the surface of it and I´m very pleased. Yesterday I pass hours -that I didn´t even notice- trying skins and I "build" the perfect looking simulation :diable:

check the youtube videos, they help in some way at the waiting times :)

Another JAFA (Just Another F...ing Aucklander) here from Torbay on the North Shore. I have a few years more on the clock and have had a military life in the RNZAF (20yrs tech) and am still very much involved as a civvy supporting the Kaman Super Seasprite SH-2G(NZ). Also been into sub sims from Janes 688 to SH4 but I am more into flight sims with a lot of FSX add-ons. Current flavour of the month is the Vertical Reality F/A-18.

I have always been fascinated by the AFVs and got Steel Beasts when it first came out ( around 2000 ?). Never got into multiplayer and found tactics extremely difficult without anyone to guide me. Sure there are heaps of pages of military manuals one can wade through and maybe that has a lot of merit. I think the forums show the way now with so many experienced Steel Beast enthusiasts willing to help new simmers.

Once I have gone through the tutorials to the point where I can comfortably operate my vehicle I would be keen to link up via the Net.

Peter

Hay there pccitgo,

I will be in the same boat as you when it comes to the MP side of steel beasts.

May we should hook up and give it a try ..lol

If you like your flight sims I reckon you should have a look at Rise of Flight WW1 Flight sim. Bloody great.!

Any mate catch ya on the battlefeild..I cant wait for my copy to arive.

O_Smiladon

Never got into multiplayer and found tactics extremely difficult without anyone to guide me. Sure there are heaps of pages of military manuals one can wade through and maybe that has a lot of merit.

A bit of self-promotion perhaps: I wrote a small series of single player scenarios, each of which is based around a single tactical task. The scenarios themselves aren't necessarily anything all that special, but their briefings do refer to certain concepts taken from those "heaps of pages of military manuals." Accordingly, they may be a good starting point as far as self study of tactical concepts is concerned. If interested, search the forum for 'Camp Hornfelt'.