Are there still "reloading stuck" problems???

Siinji

Just got back into some of the tutorials. Are there still "reloading freezes" problems? I played a CV90 tutorial, and it just keeps reloading...nothing happens. This always was a problem of mine when playing everything except the big MBT's. Is this a bug??

Same with the "emptying shells" with the Pizzaro. Just stuck.

Is it supposed to take 10 min. or?

• Moderators

Yes, well, it depends on what you are talking about (ie. which CV90 you are referring to). If you mean to ask if it takes a long time to transfer rounds from stowed to ready on the CV90/35, then YES, it does take a long time. The Pizarro takes a hella long time to empty shells as well, 10 minutes sounds like an exaggeration, but it is indeed > 5 minutes at the very least.

I am not certain, but if you move the vehicle while the process is occurring then I think it will restart it or delay it. Also, avoid using "reload all" if you are trying to reload one specific round, otherwise the AI reloads in sequence all of a certain type before moving on to another and it might seem like nothing is happening if it is, for example, reloading smoke, then coax, then KE etc.

• Moderators

BTW, I forgot to say:

If you are sitting in the gunner's position on both vehicles trying to reload or empty shells, then you will need to traverse to the proper location in order to start the procedure. On the CV90/35 you will need to traverse to the 9 o'clock position (I believe) to transfer ammo. Once you do this, and I just tested it, it takes approximately 3 minutes or so to replenish ammo.

On the Pizarro, to empty shells you need to traverse to something like the 7 o'clock position where it too will take about 3 to 5 minutes to empty the bag. Having said that though, I believe the AI TC will move you over the appropriate position to do it. If not, then the TC (on both vehicles) should be telling you where to put the turret (as the gunner) to start the procedure. If you are in doubt though, then the best thing to do is to jump out of the vehicle to F8 view and let the crew handle it.

I'm guessing Rump means when (as TC) you give the order to reload, the gunner reports "Roger" and the turret swings to the correct position to move rounds from the stowage to the ready rack...... But then nothing happens except the gun barrel flicking up and down.

Like he says jumping into the gunner's seat and back to the TC position fixes it and reloading continues as normal.

Well...I get a reloading stuck problem in the Pizarro in the tutoroal called "MP-A..something". I fire all my MP-A's until I´m down to 25, and then can't fire no more. Press reload. The turret automaticly turns to 2 o'clock, starts reloading, and then stuck forever in time.

This bug is excisting since the release and is one off the most annoying. I reported it several times to SSnake.

"Like he says jumping into the gunner's seat and back to the TC position fixes it and reloading continues as normal."

This may helps if you are consantly in the tank who engages the problem. If you command a bigger force you easily find whole platoons idling somewhere in the green landscape because the leader cant end the loading-cycle.

In fact, now that I try, I get "reloading stuck" more. I try to play M2A2 tutorial. The first one.

FIre 4 rounds of AP rounds. Press reload. Turret turns into reloading position, and the stuck at reloading. Nothing gets filled up.

Maybe something with my joystick button config???

I'm guessing Rump means when (as TC) you give the order to reload, the gunner reports "Roger" and the turret swings to the correct position to move rounds from the stowage to the ready rack...... But then nothing happens except the gun barrel flicking up and down.

Like he says jumping into the gunner's seat and back to the TC position fixes it and reloading continues as normal.

Exactly.

• Members
This bug is excisting since the release and is one off the most annoying. I reported it several times to SSnake.

"Like he says jumping into the gunner's seat and back to the TC position fixes it and reloading continues as normal."

This may helps if you are consantly in the tank who engages the problem. If you command a bigger force you easily find whole platoons idling somewhere in the green landscape because the leader cant end the loading-cycle.

I'm not saying that the problem doesn't exist. It certainly is a bug. It's just that it is an intermittent bug which are the hardest ones to find and we haven't yet found out what is responsible for this. You can't run a mission in a debugger for half an hour to find the one case where it occurs and then analyze the situation. That is totally impractical. As long as we can't find a way to reliably reproduce this bug we can't analyze it, and fix it. That's what I've been trying to say all the time.

• Moderators
Exactly.

Ok, so what are we talking about here? Offline or Network Session, or both? You said it applies to all playable tanks, or just specific ones? Very odd that we have been playing TGIF every Friday for many years and I haven't seen this happen (we reload quite a bit). This makes me wonder if it is an Offline issue only. Hmmm.

Like Rump I also only play offline.

I haven't had chance to test it (read play!) with 2.546, but with 2.538 I've encountered it on a regular basis in various Leo2 models (2A5DK, STRV 122, and the 2E).

I can't swear I've seen it everytime I've reloaded, but I've certainly come across it on a regular basis.

Not sure if this bit of info helps at all, but I alway use the menu bar options to initiate reloading.

Ok, and it seems that "all playable tanks" is incorrect, I have never seen this on the M1A1, so it might be specific to vehicles that require the turret to be traversed to a certain location first... interesting.

That's probably correct, I'm a bit Leo centric, so can't really tell.