How to install skins

richard

I know this has been answered before,but i cannot get any skin to work in sbpro..I have tried placing them in the esim/mods/texture folders and my documents/esim/mods/textures folders and all i have are the same generic skins..This is also the same story for sound mods..WHAT am i doing wrong??:confused::casstet:

Make sure that you are using a clean install of SB.

Check that the skins you are using are in the right seasons folder.

Ensure that the mission you are playing is using the appropriate theme (Woodland, desert, winter, autumn).

Confirm that the skins are compatible with then version of SB you are using.

I have tried every thing possible with no results. I have noticed that after downloading the skins to a desktop MODS folder that they are eithier DDS files that can't be opened or templates that can not be applied.

Got one to work Tiger ARH (don't know how)

You need the Nvidia plugin to be able to open dds files in photoshop, I do not know about other photo apps. If you have photoshop the plugin is available for free just google it. Just make sure that the dds file has the same exact name as the file you are trying to replace. The dds files have a much smaller footprint than the old bmp files therefore the sim loads faster.

OK request time.

There must be someone out there that can do a you tube vid to show us noobs on how to put skins into the game and aswell how skinning works in SB Pro PE.

I know there are some threads on this but they can get a little confusing on how it all comes together.

ie I have Photoshop 3 I have the DDS plugin and I also do some skining on aircraft.

But when i went to have a go in SB.. It was not happening for me.. decals for instance... Umm thats a bit of a mind freak right from the start doing alpha channels and so forth.. So some inlightment there would be great using Photoshop.

How do you put this all on your skin to put this into the game.

All i wanted to do is put a Kiwi on a M1A1 and it just got a bit to hard for my limited skills, so if someone out there could take the time and maybe do some video footage with some commantry would be fantastic to me and other noob skinners from the start.

So yeah there is my request,, A vid on how to create and put into qame a skin for SB Pro PE..

Kind Regards

O_Smiladon

I have removed the new up grade and went back to 2.460..And i still cannot put the woodland skin for the M1A1 on the vehicle or the winter haze..I cannot figure out what i am doing wrong..I guess i will just have to call it quits and take whats issued..:???:

It really isn't rocket science to get them to work.

• Make sure its for the right version of the game.
  • Put the *.dds file into the appropriate folder
  • Make sure its named the same as the original file.
  • Load a map with the appropriate theme (desert, woodland, winter or Autumn)
  • et voila!!!.

I believe 90% of the problem is not checking the first and third points.

I know this has been answered before,but i cannot get any skin to work in sbpro..I have tried placing them in the esim/mods/texture folders and my documents/esim/mods/textures folders and all i have are the same generic skins..This is also the same story for sound mods..WHAT am i doing wrong??:confused::casstet:

If your trying to use a new skin for the M-1A1, make sure it is named m1a1.dds just like the original one is and put it in the C:\Program Files\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\textures\woodland folder (in XP). Its just that simple.

Maybe the problem is the skin your trying to use. What is the skin your trying to install called?

As for the sound mods most of them sound like they are just ripped from youtube vids so I dont bother with them, so I cant help with them.

Mog

Edited by Mogwa

I think the problem is going to be trying to accomodate the various operating systems.

I'm not sure people would want to compose a Win XP video, a Vista video and a Windows 7 video (assuming they had copies of SB Pro installed on all three).

Unfortunately each of those have different folder structures and no doubt if someone just did a Windows 7 video, then owners of the other two would pipe up.

S!

Ok I will try tonight on the skin thing.

I still hold out the hope that some kind sole that skins and does all that sort stuff can do a HOW TO Vid on SB with things like that.

O_Smiladon

Not really sure what you want a video of!!. My earlier post pretty much tells you all you need to know. If you are asking for a general skinning tutorial I'm sure there are plenty out there for other games. It certainly wouldn't be one simple video.

Just read the sticky on how to install skins. If you can't figure it out from that, then leave it alone.

Also, make sure you are using skins which are approved for the right version of SB. Some of the 3D models have changed, so older skins won't work for you. Well, they will, but the results won't be what you're looking for.

S!

OK D/L some skins last night and put them in there right folder.

Made sure that they were the right name. and….

They worked :) But some parts of the skin was not working like the barrel of the main gun had a black band round it and the square steel jerry tins on the back of the M1a1 turret were also black, as well as some miner bits.

When I get in from work tonight will put some screen shots up.

Now as for the skinning thing I played around with that last night as well, and for the life of me I could not get the decals to work.

For instance the 31 on the board on back of the turret, rego numbers and of cause my little logo. Dark has tried to explain it to me but nope cant get the hang of that one. I mean even on some of the D/L I did on some of the skins they come with a PSD template and I had a look at that but still non the wiser on how you get it to work, making it an alpha channel is all good and well but how the hell do you bring it all together, decals and all to make the skin that you want?

O_Smiladon

No Worries!.

They may be from the SB Pro PE section of the DL area, that doesn't mean they are for the right version. The M1, Leopard 2A4 and T-72 models were all updated in v2.460 (or 2.483). Skins made for versions prior to that don't work with the new models. Same applies for this latest update with the M2a2,M3a2,m113 etc. I guess a list of what models have changed at which version would be a good idea. On the whole though its up to the skin creator to mark what versions it works with, though I'm bad for not doing this.