General stupidity

Mogwa

If you join an MP game then decide that your team is getting its ass kicked and you announce that all is lost and you are quitting, then you, sir, are a douchebag. Don't complain about any stereotypes that have developed over time about people or groups that will quit when they are losing. Dare to be a man and stick it out to the end. How else can you snatch victory from the jaws of defeat?

That is all. Carry on.

Mog

In not knowing the event that lead to the first post...

I would consider pulling out the units and admiting defeat a good option insted of fighting it out to the last vehicle. (which would only help to boost the opponents kill score and bring no learning value otherwise)

Breaking contact with the enemy is an operation that needs some skill ;-)

Just jumping out of the game and not even staying for the AAR is...

Well, I wouldn't consider it sportsmanlike too.

I would consider pulling out the units and admiting defeat a good option insted of fighting it out to the last vehicle. ... Breaking contact with the enemy is an operation that needs some skill ;-)

Just jumping out of the game and not even staying for the AAR is...

Well, I wouldn't consider it sportsmanlike too.

The problem in generals is people who quit in the first 10 minutes. Just quitting at anytime during a game just because you think your losing puts a greater burden on your teammates and will make them much less likely to want you or anyone from any group you may represent on their team the next time.They dont even use the pretense of losing connection, they come on TS and announce "F this, were screwed, Im out of here" and pull the plug. What greater example of poor sportsmanship and general lack of intestinal fortitude could there possibly be?

If the real world causes someone to have to leave or you actually lose connection, fine, everyone understands that. But what we have been seeing occur more and more lately is frankly, just sad.

Mog

Hmm, I'm afraid our 'glorius' leader started that trend.

After his own tactical stupidity lost 3 platoons against a vastly superior and Simulationaly (I just made that up) battle hardened force of Germany's Elite Panzer Truppen 911.

We were ordered to leave the game.... :Crash:

I was not happy.

Still I stuck around and bagged a couple of Leos, with flank shots from a CV90, Bonus!

• Moderators

After his own tactical stupidity lost 3 platoons against a vastly superior and Simulationaly (I just made that up) battle hardened force of Germany's Elite Panzer Truppen 911.

I was not happy.

Still I stuck around and bagged a couple of Leos, with flank shots from a CV90, Bonus!

Wow, what a great example to set for your team, and a good reason to make your opponents not ever want to play you again!

I was not happy.

Was that the flash defeat mission? "Everybody to the south" Kaboom... :biggrin:

Wow, what a great example to set for your team, and a good reason to make your opponents not ever want to play you again!

That don't mean everybody obeyed that.

Personally, whatever the situation I like to see action.

I was not happy...

ya'll need "reorganization"...

.02 and done.

I was not happy.

That's great behavior from someone who tried to get every new guy that showed up in the forums to join his "VU". A real sterling example of friendly competition. Good riddance, I say. New players should keep this sort of thing in mind if that little band ever gets active again, and they are asked to join.

Anyway, we might be getting a little off course now. If you join the game, dont quit because your getting reamed, even if it is par for the course. Stick it out. Thats the message here. I'd rather have 10 new guys who aren't exactly sure they know whats going on but are willing to try over 1 self perceived steely eyed Wittmann who bails the second his tank gets whacked.

Mog

I'm against collective people bashing here...point.

Things like that are more serious IRL.

I remember a certain mission when we where holding our field camp against a mob screaming for the blood of the refugies in our camp, just to see the commanding general of our MNB get into a chopper and fly out.

Nice feeling that is ;-)

I just saw this thread. I'm not sure who your referring to, but as I recall there where only a couple of generals in that match, and being as I got disconnected shortly after the blues entered the objective I can only assume your refereeing to me. Correct me if I'm wrong please. I did not leave because I was quitting. I never quit even if we are getting reamed as you say. any ways I'm not going to apologize or make lame excuses for something I have no control over. What I will say though is that if you have a problem with one person you should have the balls to name that person rather than taring the whole group with the same brush just because you have personal grudge against Billy. If any new players should take anything away from this thread about the type of people in this community its that most are really nice and good to get along with, but don't piss them off or give them any ammunition or they will drive you out. I have seen this happen a few times over the last ten years, and every time it starts from a thread like this. I have been the target myself on more then one occasion and the only reason I'm still around is because I don't care. Shit happens if you get pissed of confront the source, don't start throwing your teddy around trying to gather your gang to head off and bash another gang in the play ground after school.

Edited by fidelthefallguy

I just saw this thread. I'm not sure who your referring to, but as I recall there where only a couple of generals in that match, and being as I got disconnected shortly after the blues entered the objective I can only assume your refereeing to me. Correct me if I'm wrong please. I did not leave because I was quitting. I never quit even if we are getting reamed as you say. any ways I'm not going to apologize or make lame excuses for something I have no control over. What I will say though is that if you have a problem with one person you should have the balls to name that person rather than taring the whole group with the same brush just because you have personal grudge against Billy. If any new players should take anything away from this thread about the type of people in this community its that most are really nice and good to get along with, but don't piss them off or give them any ammunition or they will drive you out. I have seen this happen a few times over the last ten years, and every time it starts from a thread like this. I have been the target myself on more then one occasion and the only reason I'm still around is because I don't care. Shit happens if you get pissed of confront the source, don't start throwing your teddy around trying to gather your gang to head off and bash another gang in the play ground after school.

In my opinion using the forums and one's influence or status in the SB world to bash people, and whole groups in the forums (for whatever reason), is just as bad or worse than any in game event. I have been guilty of this in the past and felt I needed to drag whatever horrible injustice that has been done to me here in the forums as a type of public punishment. I realized I needed a life. I regret ever going down that road. If your pissed and can't live without the drama of everyone knowing about it then it is time to find some real life drama to replace it. As fidel said "Confront the source".