[2.546 PE Pro] Pizarro Tutorial enemies shoot back

Hunt3r

So did you also install the "fixed" Tutorials where the targets don't fire back?

I think they were a separate download to the 2.538 -> 2.546 patch.

I downloaded some tutorials that fixed some issues with the M2A2 ODS and "Support" tutorials. I've also reinstalled patch 2.546 around 5 times, redownloaded it from different sites once.

Well from what I read in the 2.546 notes (on the front / "home" page) it looks like 2.546 by itself did address this:

"•Blind units will no longer fire back in old scenarios now"

So I guess the other question is are you sure you've installed the files in the right place(s)?

I suspect the answer is "yes", but its worth confirming.

erase your desktop shortcut, goto the release folder, create a shortcut for 2.546 and try that.

I suspect that even though you installed the 2.546 exe, the shortcut is pointing to the 2.538 exe

I only have one exe, and it was created August 2010, modified September 2010.

http://www.steelbeasts.com/updates/Updated_Tutorials_Blind.zip

Extract these to your ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts folder, and these are structured to go into the right place from there.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\eSim Games\Steel Beasts (XP)

Once these are installed, the enemy units in the tutorials will no longer shoot back.

Thanks to Volcano for fixing all these!

http://www.steelbeasts.com/updates/Updated_Tutorials_Blind.zip

search is your friend...

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Ok, use the attached scenarios and replace the tutorial files you have for the Pizarro with these. This should correct the problem.

The Windows 7 path for the tutorial files to replace is:

C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\scenarios\z_Reseved\tut\Pizarro

Let me know if that fixes the problem.

G'day and thanks

It didn't entirely fix the problem, but by going through the tutorial files and moving them into the "single" folder I then open them in the editor and find the units that haven't been "blinded" and I blind them, test the mission and transfer (overwrite) back into the z reserved tutorials folder.

So thanks, by going through the process of adding those files I now know how it's file system works

Cheers again

• Moderators
G'day and thanks

It didn't entirely fix the problem, but by going through the tutorial files and moving them into the "single" folder I then open them in the editor and find the units that haven't been "blinded" and I blind them, test the mission and transfer (overwrite) back into the z reserved tutorials folder.

So thanks, by going through the process of adding those files I now know how it's file system works

Cheers again

Strange, the files I posted seem to work fine for me. Oh well, I can't tell exactly what is going on because the reports are just too vague (no specific mentions of scenario files).

For future reference, it would be extremely helpful -- if a tutorial is shooting back at you -- to list the scenario you saw it in. In any case, I think the files I sent might have been old ones, but it looks like the ones SergeyPe posted are good (thanks). We will try to get all of this fixed in the next update... in the mean time, the current method of opening in editor, double checking the Blind status, then saving is the way to go.