First/Last return

Bat

Yes for both Last/First Return its ' on the M1A1. For the Leo 2A5 Last Return is Joy button 3 and First Return is Joy Button 4. I was just wondering if there was a keystroke for them as I have looked at the controls and cannot seem to find either. Thanks for the reply`s. Happy New Year :)

Well, technically on the M1A1 and M1 it is ' to switch the return logic, and CTRL to actually lase - you have to keep track of which mode you are in, or double tap to change/return and observe the status message (later with a full pit you would presumably be able to drop back to F1 view and observe the switch position.

On the Leopard the select & fire for the laser is done by rocking a switch from it's neutral position - one way gives first and the other last return logic on the pulse. For this reason the current implementation is two separate buttons - things have slightly changed in the controls list since I looked closely at it, but now it looks like the Leopard 2A5DK, Strv122 and Leopardo 2E use CTRL/Joy2 for Lase Last Return and `/Joy4 for Lase First Return

• Members

They are different horkeys because they work differently in the vehicles. In the M1 there is a mode switch and one laser button, whereas in the late Leopard 2s there are two laser buttons but no mode toggle. You can't make it identical without sacrificing procedural fidelity.

I dont know about all that, but since hes asking about a ketstroke, my advice is to map the function to whatever key you would like it to be.

Mog

Problem is there is nothing to map it to. Hence the question. Its only mapped to Joy 3 and 4.

Lase is CTRL or Joy 2, as it is on the M1A1. On the Leopards it is always Last Return, while the mode is selected for the M1A1 using the first/last switch.

First Return on the Leopard 2 where it is available is actually Joy 4, and is mapped via 'Alt Range' which has a default key of `

This is also used for range functions in the CV90 FCS.

These notes from the current version 2.546 - ISTR they differed slightly in previous versions where there was a leopard 2 control set for rangefinding, but I may be mis-remembering and no longer run an older version to check.

Problem is there is nothing to map it to. Hence the question. Its only mapped to Joy 3 and 4.

What I think Mog is getting at is that in the Control options, you can set your own Joy buttons or keystrokes to whatever you want them to be. So for you the ' key could be set to do the same thing in the M1 and Leo if you wanted to set it up that way.