Playing the M1A2 SEP on SB PRO PE

bigmo692002

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this^ bordering trolling?

EDIT:[originally referring to the original posting above mine that meanwhile seem to have been deleted and replaced with Volcano to whom I did NOT adress this]

Hasn't there been just the latest round of "I want my playable T-72" just days ago, and an obviously stressed sales manager having found - beyond his usual moderate temparement - quite some clear and somewhat confronting words for the issue of this behavior? How many such threads have there already been? Do we already count them by the dozens?

Most of the time I just sit still in hiding in here, and just observe the forum, but I have started to truly desire that there will never be a playable T-72 - for revenge, because it really starts to drum on my nerves if one needs to deal with the same type of comments time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again.

Ich bewundere Deine Selbstkontrolle, Ssnake.

Edited by Skybird03

Isn't this^ bordering trolling? Hasn't there been just the latest round of "I want my playable T-72" just days ago, and an obviously stressed sales manager having found - beyond his usual moderate temparement - quite some clear and somewhat confronting words for the issue of this behavior? How many such threads have there already been? Do we already count them by the dozens?

Most of the time I just sit still in hiding in here, and just observe the forum, but I have started to truly desire that there will never be a playable T-72 - for revenge, because it really starts to drum on my nerves if one needs to deal with the same type of comments time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again.

Ich bewundere Deine Selbstkontrolle, Ssnake.

You forgot the "I want movin roadwheels/suspension !" threads :-P

(Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam)

Yawn.

Good grief. For whatever reason people want a damned T-72. Others want bouncing roadwheels. What difference does it make? Things will be added when they are added. Nothing short of a military contract can change this.

Mog

Edited by Mogwa

So back to the M1A2 SEP:

That Flex Mounted .50cal looks like fun.

Not too sure on the FCS operation, M1TP2 was a bit vague on how that worked.

As I recall if the computer was out you could still hit stuff 2Km away without changing the laying procedure. :confused:

I was thinking more along the lines of: Does the GPS reticule still jump about?

You mean when dynamic lead is applied? From what I know the new sight have dual axis head assembly like in for example Leo2 not single axis head assembly like in case of older sight.

BTW dta delta, when You wrote:

The 1st Gen FLIR radiant thermal sighting system

You meant 2nd generation? As it is described everywhere.

• Members

As the M1A2 isn't implemented yet, the question is purely hypothetical.

Assuming that it actually was implemented, I need to check whether the increased LOS range for tanks with thermal imagers makes a distinction between commander and gunner. I suspect that it doesn't, in which case there would be no bonus. But if Steel Beasts actually treats both separately, it would at least help the computer-controlled commander to detect targets beyond the optical range.

In a perfect world there would be a clear distinction between detection, categorization, and identification. The CITV would help especially with the latter two aspects, probably not so much with the first one.

In a perfect world there would be a clear distinction between detection, categorization, and identification. The CITV would help especially with the latter two aspects, probably not so much with the first one.

Except of course it would increase coverage.

The Gunner could continue to scan his arac, whilst the Commander is free to cover other areas as opposed to both basically looking at the same spot.

Question:

In SB, is the presence of CITV in M1A2 reflected in better situational awareness for M1A2 SEP vs M1A1 (HA), when comparing computer-controlled vehicles ? (or should that not be really necessary ?)

THX, K

I think he wanted to know if there is a spotting bonus for the AI controlled M1A2.

I think he wanted to know if there is a spotting bonus for the AI controlled M1A2.

That would be the question indeed.

And same question for Leo 2A5 (with its Thermal Imaging Module - TIM):

when AI controlled, does it have a spotting bonus vs AI controlled tanks such as M1A1 or T-72 without such "aiding tool" for the TC ?

* In other words, in SB (AI controlled tanks) does the addition of a CITV/TIM result in added value vs tanks without these, so where the TC only has a bino ?

* And in real life: does it make an important distinction ? I remember from M1TP2 :-) that the hunter (TC)-killer (gunner) capability of M1A2 was rated very highly ...

Less important: would there be a spotting bonus for an AI controlled Leo 2A5 (with its Thermal Imaging Module - TIM) vs AI controlled Leo 2A5 (with Peri, so without thermal image) ?

Guess here the difference is less dramatic vs tks without either CITV/TIM and/or Peri ?

THX, K

Edited by Koen

I remember from M1TP2 :-) that the hunter (TC)-killer (gunner) capability of M1A2 was rated very highly ...

HA! When it worked, usually when the enemy were close enough to spit at.

(I'm refering to gameplay BTW not real life.)

Thats what I like about commanding in SB.

The gunner, if he can see it, he actually shoots the f**king thing.

A1 have CWS, A2 have ICWS, most A1's besides AIM versions (AIM v.1, AIM v.2/SA, SA/ED (AIM v.3?) and new AIM version with stabilized CWS with new sights) and FEP version are not digitzed, A2 and A2SEP are digitzed.

Well in fact the new M1A1AIM's and M1A1FEP have FCS, armor, most components same as M1A2SEP have, the only differences are still lack of CITV, CWS instead of ICWS and lack of VCSU/TMS, also M1A1's have EAPU mounted on the turret rear while M1A2SEP's have UAAPU mounted in place of left rear sponson fuel tank or they don't have UAAPU at all and rely on new battery packs.