BRAVE RIFLES -MP COOP Campaign mission 0

Zipuli

This is the pre-mission 1 mission of the BRAVE RIFLES -MP COOP Campaign. Gibsonm, here is the info and mission for you, as well as the scenario -file. I hope you have fun with it! Please after playing the mission, post a recon report of your actions and observations and post me the AAR-file.

Mission parameters:

-90 minutes time limit

-visibility of 2500m, minimum light level 20%

BRIEFING (very short version included in the scenario for a reminder), 14th June 2200hrs:

"Major,

The situation around HANNOVER in the east has gone from bad to worse, as the Soviet assault has all but cut through our heavily battered lines. Take a look at this map:

The enemy 1st wave of attack has moved around HANNOVER from the north, reaching WUNSTORF. We have reports of their recon elements being infiltrated through our thin lines there. So far our last line of defence has managed to retreat fast enough not to get ran over, but the defenders are in disarray, mostly fighting as small pockets of resistance, as the enemy heavy EW measures have all but cut all the communications between units and HQs.

We got some organized NATO forces north of STEINHUDER MEER, blocking enemy attacks to LEESE-STOLZENAU-UCHTE area, as well as a West German Panzergrenadier unit in the wooded area of SPRINGE, holding the southern flank. But in between these units it's utter chaos, with combined US and West German units trying to delay the onslaught.

We have reports of the enemy committing a fresh Motor Rifle Division to continue the attack in this sector, with mission to take the bridges over WESER intact and push through into our rear. We are sure they will use the momentum they got here, and push through the very thinly defended corridor from WUNSTORF to STADTHAGEN to MINDEN. That's where we are the weakest and the bridges at MINDEN are still intact and numerous... A West German Pioneer Kompanie moved into MINDEN few hours ago to blow up the bridges, but we lost contact with them (too). We have no idea of the situation near MINDEN, but at least the civilians mostly got out in time! Enemy air activity has ceased in the dark, but once the sun comes up, we can assume that the sky is full of red choppers and fighters, trying to gain air superiority and support the ground attack.

Our regiment is moving in the area to delay the enemy long enough that we can set up firm defences on the west side of WESER. Our 1st Squadron is leading the way, with your Troop on point. You should reach PORTA WESTFALICA around 0200-0300hrs depending on the traffic. Which is a chaos as civilians try to escape the battlefield and disorganized NATO units retreat west... APACHE Troop is following 90 minutes behind you.

YOUR MISSION:

Secure the LOD for our Squadron by setting up blocking positions:

1) east along E30, to the area near VELTHEIMER STRASSE, marked on your tactical map

2) north of PORTA WESTFALICA in the area of BARKHAUSEN-NEESEN-LERBECK...

After securing the designated areas, reconnoiter north towards MINDEN. See whether the German Pioneers got their job done and try to establish contact with the German troops in the southern part of MINDEN, they should have their HQ set up at the MINDEN CHURCH ("Dom Minden").

If you run into any strong enemy opposition, retain contact with them, but remember to HOLD the blocking positions whatever happens!

DESIRED END STATE:

Blocking positions in place when APACHE Troop arrives. The area south of MINDEN reconnoitered and possible enemy units located, so APACHE won't go in blind!

SUPPORT:

You got only your own indirect fire unit, the MORTAR SECTION of 2x 107mm mortars.

MISC:

We got a full chaos east of your AOR, so remember that the enemy may have units in the area already, and that there may be NATO units moving west in panic without any comms... And remember, time is not on our side! So move in quick, be arrogant in your actions, but cautious at the same time!

ANY QUESTIONS?"

0230 you reach the outskirts of PORTA WESTFALICA, near the furniture shop PORTA MÖBEL.

I will answer all questions you have before you play the mission, but not during it, as the comms with Squadron are broken due to enemy EW measures as soon as you move out ;)

mission_zero_zip.5b263866d5e59610cfe3ec5

MAP_Minden_Hannover.jpg.abbf4cd5ba775749

mission_zero.zip

MAP_Minden_Hannover.jpg.abbf4cd5ba775749

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The soviets are now doing to us what we should have done 43 years ago right after ww2. ATTACK!! We thought that they where to strong to attack back then. In our tolorance of the soviets we set ourselves up for extinction. We either open up a new region in hell for them or it will be as if we where never born. We are fighting for all that was and all that will be. I eagerly await the recon report. god speed.

Brun, CO/A

Edited by Brun

The soviets are now doing to us what we should have done 43 years ago right after ww2. ATTACK!! We thought that they where to strong to attack back then. In our tolorance of the soviets we set our selves up for extinction. We either open up a new region in hell for them or it will be as if we where never born. We are fighting for all that was and all that will be. I eagerly await the recon report. god speed.

Brun, CO/A

Sir,

Roger, never thought this exchange posting would generate so much fun.

I was only expecting to watch the CAT and then sit in an office.

Backbrief later today.

Edited by Gibsonm

PM with draft SoM sent to Hardrock (Zipuli).

If he is happy that it matches his intent, I’ll post here with supporting schematics for the BG Niner (Brun).

Assuming I get that feedback around first light tomorrow my time (say now + 12 hours), I should be able to execute the plan and provide reporting (as per earlier tasking) by NLT now + 48.

That should provide plenty of time for review / debrief prior to Sunday’s planned H Hr.

To: CO 3 ACR

Backbrief on ISR plan for 3 ACR

(Trace graphic attached)

C Tp is already deployed into two Tk / CFV teams, no change to this.

Will need to use high speed routes to occupy BPs prior to Soviet fwd elements. Need to use superior TI to ensure no fratricide and ID Soviet elm early.

Intend to lead with Tk PL on both routes.

Northern Team:

Myself, FO, Tk PL and CFV PL take route:

HOLZHAUSEN - HAUSBERGE - PORTA WESTFALICA BRIDGES (confirm status) - NEESEN.

Est TOW BP vic 96 Easting covering KLUS - ROCKE - NAMMEN.

Tk PL (with ploughs?) continues to vic GR 964915 to est Tk BP again engaging KLUS and the road junction. This group will also look at the bridges vic GR 950912.

FO occupies OP vic GR 956887

Mortars (although only a placeholder) move up to vicinity PORTA WESTFALICA BRIDGES.

Tp Ldr vehicle attempts linkup in MINDEN but only if one of these earlier crossings is passable. I don't intend to go North of 92 Northing.

HARDROCK wants a presence on the Western bank of the WESER.

To achieve this will need to send some Cav scouts across PORTA WESTFALICA BRIDGES to secure Western bank and them conduct dismounted recce north into MINDEN.

Southern Team:

XO, Tk PL, CFV PL

Take E30.

Tk PL BP vic GR 974851 (or further West if necessary).

CFV BP vic GR 960855 covering the open ground South and to the East of VELTHEIMER STRASSE.

56e83c97e1d3e_BraveRiflesbackbriefMsn0.j

56e83c97e1d3e_BraveRiflesbackbriefMsn0.j

BTW if the placeholders die, FO will get radio damage, meaning no more indirect fires! Sorry bout the typo, writing with my iPhone :)... Though I DO love them one stars (lions in our case) who type your name all to hell in official papers! Got plenty of those...

BTW, manteufel, the maker of this cool map, promised to send me a copy of the updated map before the MP mission 1, so it's possible that between Gibsonm's mission and our mission the West German constructionpeople manage to build a few more blocks of houses east of Minden :D

Mark,

If you got the time, there will be further adventures for C Troop after this mission (if you don't get murdered of course!), so how about it? Your missions would all provide vital intel for BRUN, as well as affect the MP missions in many ways! A sort of SP campaign for you, inside the MP campaign for us :D

Up for it?

I thought I’d signed up for the “duration“?

Must be some new fangled European concept that you go home after the first battle.

Yes I’m in. The only possible block is that we are on a “be prepared task” to support flood relief in Queensland and I think that notice to move might change since the state capital looks like its about to get wet.

But if that doesn’t happen C Tp (and its boss) are there.

I might even be able to make this a mini MP. I have some colleagues here with their own copies and my USB stick has 8 licenses (given that Red is presumably AI controlled it should be happy to still work)?

BTW, manteufel, the maker of this cool map, promised to send me a copy of the updated map before the MP mission 1, so it's possible that between Gibsonm's mission and our mission the West German constructionpeople manage to build a few more blocks of houses east of Minden :D

Great! I was looking at the map in mission 0 and noticed a lot of the new buildings have been added to it. Very impressive. Look forward to seeing what else will be updated.