• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ENDSTATE "SITREP"

Line 1: 140400JUN8X (H+90)

Line 2: No Change

Line 3: Comd’s Team vic GR 945879 (PORTA WESTFALICA bridges), BP Tk 2 and 3, BP TOW 2 (as per Trace). XO’s Team vic BP TOW1, BP Tk1 (as per Trace).

Line 4: Lost 1 x HMMWV to Indirect Fire

Tanks. 9 (4 fitted with ploughs)

CFVs. 13

APCs. 1 (FO)

ITVs. 0

Mortar Vehicles. 2

AVLBs. 0

HMMWVs. 0

Line 5: N/A

Line 6: Personnel strength, HMMWV crew BLACK, remainder GREEN.

Line 7: Classes III and V supplies available for combat vehicles. All GREEN.

Line 8: Summary of tactical intentions.

XO’s Team have engaged and destroyed a MR PL (BMP-2).

My Team

Have engaged and destroyed a MR PL (BMP-2) and a couple of other BMP-2s.

The only bridge South of MINDEN that can support vehicular traffic is at GR 950 911.

Dismounts on Western side of WESER, and have expanded the bridgehead North towards MINDEN.

Other Items:

Spirited West German defence of the Route 65 bridge at GR 950 911 and their ongoing delaying defence at BUCKEBURG supported Cazyhorse Tps Mission.

The action at BUCKEBURG delayed the enemy's T-72s and ensured that Crazyhorse only had BMP-2 to worry about.

Overall:

Blocking positions established both East along E30, to the area near VELTHEIMER STRASSE, and North of PORTA WESTFALICA in the area of BARKHAUSEN-NEESEN-LERBECK...

Bridges assessed for trafficability

The Route 65 bridge held (with German assistance).

Crazyhorse arrayed to conduct battle handover and Passage of Lines with Apache on order.

Crazyhorse still combat effective.

However link up with the German Pioneers in MINDEN not achieved.

Updated Trace attached.

56e83c9864cf7_H90.jpg.8ecd4d13f4fedec7be

56e83c9864cf7_H90.jpg.8ecd4d13f4fedec7be

Edited by Gibsonm

Good job! I bet that BRUN'll have enough intel for his mission. BTW campaign players, don't watch the AAR file, as it will spoil some things for you. It's only for me to design next scenario!

How was the scenario and athmosphere? What conclusions would you draw from the enemy actions you saw... what forces were they, etc.? Just out of curiosity, not that it's a troop cdr's job to draw too big conclusions! :D

But arriving on scene along with APACHE, 0400ish is the Squadron commander, who catches up with your XO at "Porta Möbel"... He has the following for you:

"Major,

Regiment informed me couple of hours ago that the enemy is clearly preparing for a push onwards to MINDEN in the east. Our last operational forces there will withdraw under pressure to avoid annihilation... According to your intel the enemy has a forward detachment of some sort in Minden, according to retreating West Germans, the units in Minden are most likely airborne units that overran the Pioneers and took the bridges intact. Enemy main force will most likely try to link up with them and cross the Weser. Last enemy intel was that a force of roughly a Battalion (MRB rein) size was pushed through our defences at HAGENBURG (W of WUNSTORF) less than an hour ago... this force is most likely a regimental forward detachment who will try to link up and reinforce the units holding the bridges. They seem to be taking the WIEDENSAHL -route. The enemy main breakthrough attack is imminent once the sun comes up as during the night they managed to bring in enough fresh units for the task. NATO forces will hold them as long as possible, but don't assume too much out of this effort...

Your MISSION now:

-Support SQD attack north from your current positions (AI will take care of this in our mission!)

-Prepare to continue RECCE east along E30 to KLEINENBREMEN - TODENMANN area once SQD main body has passed the LOD at NEESEN! (Once we passed the line, AI will pull back the northern element to join with the eastern element - your next mission will commence at ~0500, and (in game terms) run simultaneously with BRUN's attack north (which will start ~0400 and run 90 minutes). Detailed orders will follow in 30 minutes... Quick briefing at Porta Möbel 0430!"

Your mission will be posted here when ready, quickly after our MP MISSION 1 is played and your unit's condition updated... Your unit will begin the mission in the condition it is in at 0500 game time. We don't expect your unit to see heavy action in its current positions, as APACHE and BANDIT will soon take point! Your maintenence section will also be available, as it marched with BANDIT after the M88 threw a track and the section was left behind...

Good job! I bet that BRUN'll have enough intel for his mission. BTW campaign players, don't watch the AAR file, as it will spoil some things for you. It's only for me to design next scenario!

I can delete the AAR post and just send the link to you via PM if required (if you haven’t grabbed it already)?

How was the scenario and athmosphere? What conclusions would you draw from the enemy actions you saw... what forces were they, etc.? Just out of curiosity, not that it's a troop cdr's job to draw too big conclusions! :D

It was very enjoyable.

I especially liked the “mad rush West” as formations moved past me and then the small German contingent that stayed and fought.

I don’t know why they did that but it did seem they took some AT-4 hits and then they reacted to that as if responding to the casualties.

The wreckage on the roads, etc. was also great.

I was curious why some of the stuff going back was 2nd line compared to me (e.g. M60s and M113s withdrawing while I had M1 and Bradley). I guess I’d expect the guys facing the horde to have first line kit or maybe they were a 2nd line unit just caught out.

Conclusions:

Whilst there was an established force in MINDEN, the other two engagements appeared to be perhaps the CRP of two new forces (with perhaps the CRPs tank element already damaged?).

Without asking to be overrun :) I was expecting follow up forces behind those MR PLs but thankfully the Germans appeared to be delaying them on my behalf.

Edited by Gibsonm

Got it, can delete! In future you may well send the link just for me :D

Done.

See mission 1 thread for further info on what comes next for you too!

Roger.

So I can do this roughly same time next week (or do you need it done at about the same time as the Main Body (say Sunday))?

Just trying to Co-ord RL. :)

Oh and I guess I need this flash new map?

It was very enjoyable.

Without asking to be overrun :) I was expecting follow up forces behind those MR PLs but thankfully the Germans appeared to be delaying them on my behalf.

Well that may have just been the next wave's higher echelon recon elements pushed through to see if the road to Minden is clear after they push through the last line of NATO defence in the east. According to intel the enemy main body should arrive in the AOR later on during the morning :)

Wasn't the third assigned to the Fulda area of operations?

Minden is NORTHAG territory.

One Stars / Lions and a map - go figure.

I told the driver “go South“ but he wouldn’t listen to me. :)

Also my Reference to 3 Gd Shock Army is a bit out of place too (I seem to recall they were in the South as well).