BRAVE RIFLES -MP COOP Campaign mission 2

Zipuli

Bückeburg

June 15th 1988, 0530hrs

Tiger Actual meets with Apache Actual at Röcke, taking a long look at the destroyed soviet equipment burning up ahead, and the lifeless Abrams hulks sitting on the hill of Röcke:

"Captain,

The enemy you crushed here with B Troop was a pursuing battalion, who tried to overrun the last German units that you saw retreating. They clearly had no idea they would run into your guns, so maybe the comms issues are universal, and not only our problem! The Gerries took a beating, but thanks to you most got out alive. Some were engaged by the enemies in Minden... Their "commander", a young Leutnant informed me that they were pursued by a battalion size force, while the rest of the enemies were halted east of Stadthagen to deploy, when they were hit hard by our MLRS strike. This means, we may have "empty" space between here and Stadthagen for the time being. ACR CO ordered our Squadron to exploit this, while 3rd Squadron is deploying for delay west of us. His intent is to delay the ruskies with 1st SQN and then 3rd. 2nd SQN is engaged north of Minden, leaving the Russian airborne units at Minden cut off. CO wants "Tiger" on the move NLT 0615!

We will redeploy the Squadron main force at Bückeburg, with Dragon taking the left side of the railroad, and Bandit the right. You will deploy trailing Dragon, rearm as much as you can, and prepare to attack with Dragon.

Our objective is to reach Stadthagen and begin delay from there. Make no mistake, the Ruskies will have enough of forces moving our way once they get their shit together. They have had some trouble near Hannover it seems, but don't count on that situation lasting much longer!

Detailed orders to Troop COs 0610 at my tank... Get the ammo moving, soldier! And have the vehicles take good cover in the towns and woods to avoid possible air attacks... though it seems our "Top Guns" are keeping the enemy air units busy..."

EDIT: UPDATED TACTICAL MAP ADDED, DETAILED BRIEFING TO FOLLOW WHEN C TROOP HAS FINISHED MISSION 2!!!

mission2_tac_v2.jpg.0ec549e80b4afe2623ad

mission2_tac_v2.jpg.0ec549e80b4afe2623ad

Edited by Zipuli

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In mission 2 I will play the 2 other Troops (B / D) and will coordinate the action with Brun... this because we I want the Troops not to get stuck / f****d by AI - and also to cut down in the scripting expenses (mainly beer)...

Some were engaged by the enemies in Minden... Their "commander", a young Leutnant informed me that they were pursued by a battalion size force, while the rest of the enemies were halted east of Stadthagen to deploy, when they were hit hard by our MLRS strike.

This young Leutnant, could he be Lt Hinrichsen? :)

“Troop” surely. :)

**Sighs**

I feel Platoon is the most common label, as everyone knows what a platoon is and its roughly the same in all English speaking Armies.

But if you want to be particular then yes "Troop" or "Battery" of guns.

Warning:

If an individual starts being particular/pedantic over unit sizes again, then a incident involving large amounts of gaffer tape and an enforced stay on the back/top of the FST M113 will be involved. :biggrin:

Oh if the mission is going ahead on the 22nd I might not be able to make it.

**Sighs**

I feel Platoon is the most common label, as everyone knows what a platoon is and its roughly the same in all English speaking Armies.

But if you want to be particular then yes "Troop" or "Battery" of guns.

Warning:

If an individual starts being particular/pedantic over unit sizes again, then a incident involving large amounts of gaffer tape and an enforced stay on the back/top of the FST M113 will be involved. :biggrin:

Oh if the mission is going ahead on the 22nd I might not be able to make it.

No I’m happy with whatever nomenclature the group goes with.

So if US speak is the “common denominator” then happy with Platoon.

I just thought being a Brit you’d prefer “Troop” as the usual sub element of a “Battery”.

Some Tanktales about the really last action of the Tiger and Panthertanks in the area that you want to conquer.

Blue Forces taken the same way like Schulze

At night from 04.04.1945 Kampfgruppe Schulze move from Munster to Forest of Schaumburger Wald with orders to attack british and american Forces that crossing the weser and the Weser-Elbe-Canal (old name)

6 Tiger I

5 Panther E with IR

10 Pz IV

and a GrenadierDiv.

was built up to Kampfgruppe Schulze

05.04.45:

The 5 Panthers of KG Schulze/Aufstellungstab Lehrtruppe operating with the Tigergruppe of Lt. Fehrmann's 6 hybrid Tiger Is, were also supposedly IR-equipped but no known pics show it fitted to be sure.

They were commanded by Major Paul Schulze and lost in a daylight attack around the eastern outskirts of the town of Bückeburg,

near Bad Eilsen - about 65km northeast of Paderborn training grounds. |They were zapped between the 8th and 11th of April '45 by lead elements of the 5.Arm.Div., US 8th Corps of the Ninth Army.

The first Tiger however was lost on April 5 1945 with gearbox problems near Rethem. The group moved to woods near Wiedensahl on the 8th and launched an attack against the British bridgehead on the Weser near Wietersheim but lost 4 of the 5 Panthers in the process with only Schulze's own vehicle remaining by noon (callsign red "S")

Along with Fehrmann's 5 remaining Tigers he repeated the attack but they were met by elements of the British 6.Airborne Div. now dug into roadside trenches. A PIAT shell hit the turret of Fehrmann's "F01" and damaged the traversing gear and while 2 other Tigers moved up to flank it, it retreated to a nearby hill. The 5 Tigers then returned to Frille with around 30 POWs.

Tiger "F01" returned to Fallingbostel for repairs, while the remaining 4 Tigers and Schulze's Panther agin clashed with lead elements of US 5.Arm.Div. near Bückeburg on the 11th losing 2 Tigers, Schulze's Panther and 2 halftracks in the process. Schulze escaped and jumped into one of the 2 surviving Tigers but Fehrmann was captured. Soon after, another Tiger (Fwb. Bellof's) was KO'd too.

"Schulze's Tiger" - now the last remaining (apart from "F01" back at Fallingbostel), was still behind US lines now retreated to Achum and became engaged in another firefight with more US 5.Arm. Div. armour, KO'ing 3 tanks and an A/C, though sustaining numerous hits in the process with the gunner slightly wounded too. Finding a map in a US tanker truck he set out for German lines breaking a US roadblock and KO'ing more US armour while releasing 200 German POWs, some of whom joined him in US trucks in an effort to get back. But he ran out of fuel near Bad-Nennoff and set a charge and destroyed the Tiger.

Franzen's "F01" which had earlier returned to Fallingbostel with the damaged turret gear was ready to go again on April 12 and cobbled into the hastily formed "Kampfgruppe Grossan" along with a couple of other Tigers. It advanced toward the British near the Essel Forest after crossing the Drebber stream, encountering 3 Comets of 1.Troop, A Sqn, 3.Bttn.,3.RTR/11.Arm.Div. in a firefight destroying 1 of them and an armoured car. Both sides withdrew for the night but the next morning the Tiger took out an APC before having an arty barrage called in on it, so it snuck into the woods. Creeping back on to the road again to feel out the British tanks, "F01" was hit in the left rear side from about 100 yards by the Comet of Sgt. Harding of C Sqn. who had moved into a flanking position in the trees and was later to receive the Military Medal for this action. As the Tiger began to cook off, the crew all managed to bail out safely, though each with minor burns, and made their way back to Fallingbostel.

I found the area of the battlepositiion near the airfield of Achim

schulze-1.jpg.2dd4cf58c61086d99646733fe9

schulze-2.jpg.0fac5b5691327238ce744daa65

SS_08_48_23.jpg.5da45a32cc5097476c769160

SS_08_50_48.jpg.84bbdcac261ed1cb4ed7c5f7

SS_08_51_35.jpg.8c0209b852d9a101a5d13c08

schulze-1.jpg.2dd4cf58c61086d99646733fe9

schulze-2.jpg.0fac5b5691327238ce744daa65

SS_08_48_23.jpg.5da45a32cc5097476c769160

SS_08_50_48.jpg.84bbdcac261ed1cb4ed7c5f7

SS_08_51_35.jpg.8c0209b852d9a101a5d13c08

Very interesting local history of the area Manteuffel. Where some of the last tank battles of ww2 took place is in our current AOR. After the upcoiming battle you should give me a tour of the achum battle field. Then perhaps some captured soviet vodka and some local women gratefull to be rid of the soviets.

Sir (with respect) and others,

Well while you guys were thinking about “professional development tours” after the war, some of us have been fighting it. :)

Hedgehog,

Have you got a spare FO?

I think I’m going to talk to the CO about sacking the one you have currently allocated to me.

Sir (with respect) and others,

Well while you guys were thinking about “professional development tours” after the war, some of us have been fighting it. :)

Hedgehog,

Have you got a spare FO?

I think I’m going to talk to the CO about sacking the one you have currently allocated to me.

Sir,

I have recently received your report regarding the conduct of: Cpl Wilson.

If you feel he is found wanting then please let me know and I shall assign my current Forward Observation Instructor: Staff Sgt Bulmer to your unit.

(And if he F**ks up, Give me a call.)

As for Cpl Wilson, he will be reassigned as KT's Aide De Camp.

Regards,

Lt DeHedgehog.