Wrapping In a New SB Pro PE User

Ratseal

All I had to do, as it turns out, was spawn sufficient get and then wait until they grew old enough to 'get' SBPrPE. We are upgrading a desktop, two monitors and now need some new joysticks.

Any recommendations on said joysticks? It's been a while since I went shopping for one - which ended up being a Logitech Thrustmaster - and let's face it, at least 10% of my old purchase decision was model name related.

I've been happy with a CH Products Fighterstick and Throttle combo.

I second that. Use mine since ten years or so - without any problems. The thing is incredibly flexible in functionality and can be programmed even with sophisticated command, if you wish, theat surpass the options most other hardware offers. The programming software also is extremely user-friendly.

Up to over 14o commands in three layers can be programmed, if you want. Also multi- and timed commands per button, or differed by press and release.

I use it for flightsims, plus the throttle'S buttons during race sims, and the full combo in SBP.

simHQ recently had an extensive feature on the progrtamming features of the various HOTAS on the market:

http://www.simhq.com/_technology2/technology_094a.html

The CH gear scored very high in their appreciation.

The older article that described also the hardware, is here:

http://www.simhq.com/_technology2/technology_094a.html

I prefer the CH combo even to the Cougar. If I have to criticize anything, then that the stick'S spirng maybe ios a little bit too soft, and could be stiffer, but this is not really an issue of concern to me. That is only with regard to the force you need to move the thing. The precision is beyond doubt.

As pedals for flightsims, I do not recommend the CH poedals, though, since the Simpeds from Germany simply offer better quality and more comfortable foot spacing.

I prefer the CH combo even to the Cougar. If I have to criticize anything, then that the stick'S spirng maybe ios a little bit too soft, and could be stiffer, but this is not really an issue of concern to me. That is only with regard to the force you need to move the thing. The precision is beyond doubt.

That could be a positive advantage for a younger player.

When I was doing a lot of flight-simulation I bought a MS FF2, which I still use, but it is unsupported, out of production and has no modern drivers.

A good stick, but apparently interferes with TIR performance in some FS programs.

No advantage of Force Feedback in SB at all though.

Thank you for the steer(s) - I did some eBaying and was astonished at pricing, even for used units. While I don't doubt the superiority of the recommended HOTAS', I think I will a cpl lesser quality sticks and watch eBay over the longer term for a better deal.

Who knew?

In order to get a clean Java update, I had to blow away Chrome (uninstall) - one of the Java help boards suggested it. So, now that Java is updated (clean install), and Direct X is likewise cleaned up, and the old SBProPE is uninstalled, and the Codemeter is updated - the SB DL is almost complete, after which I shall install and report back.