pigdog

The tank commander's weapon on the M1 does shake when you fire on the move. You are suppost to come to use the short halt technique when you are on the move and you have to engage a target. The sight of the 50 does not shake, but I have seen the 50 cal itself shake due to wear and tear on the mounts and the pins. If you look at the picture that Mog posted you can clearly see where the 50 cal sight is located. If for some reason that sight got cracked or damage you have iron sights that sit under the mount but are attached to it. There are several ways to engage a target with the 50 cal. One is to line your 50 cal up with the gunners sight that way when you have a target the gunner can give you a range and traverse the turret left or right depending on where the rounds are hitting. All you have to do is move the mount up or down. Second you could do the engagement on your own just have the gunner keep the turret still. When you fire walk your rounds on target ( shoot short and then adjust ). You are suppost to fire bursts of 10 to 15 rounds.There are other ways that you may find more suitable for you. :gun:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my experience, I have only engaged using the TC Cal.50 from a short halt as I said before it is a non-stabilized weapons platform.

Gunner coax troops and RPG Team, RPG Team

Driver stop

Identified

fire and adjust Caliber 50

Target (Gunner) TC Complete (TC)

Driver move out.

This senerio occurs when the TC and Gunner are engaging seperate targets.

As an M1 tank commander I have reserved my Cal.50 unless a multi - target engagement forced me too. The Cal. 50 only has 100 rounds ready (Ammo Box). Only fired on the move by accident and actually hit the target.

• 4 weeks later...

i do not want to start a new thread. sometimes in the M1 the rounds from the maingun go to short after correct lasing.

when i reset the ccip with "middle mousebutton" and lase again same thing happens.

cannot find anything in the wiki or forum search. pls help.

//edit: ok it only happens with the M829A1 ammo (HE i think)

Eh in what mode Your FCS is working? Switch is on APFSDS or HEAT/MPAT position?

You see in the M1 series gunner is switching FCS mode not loader like in Leo2 series.

If You don't switch FCS mode then rounds will miss even if You do a proper "range laser shot".

BWT M829A1 is APFSDS not HE.

Eh in what mode Your FCS is working? Switch is on APFSDS or HEAT/MPAT position?

You see in the M1 series gunner is switching FCS mode not loader like in Leo2 series.

If You don't switch FCS mode then rounds will miss even if You do a proper "range laser shot".

BWT M829A1 is APFSDS not HE.

Ok i think thats it. Thanks.

When i switch ammo to what the TC orders i can hit the target exactly.

But for non-tutorial missions: how so i switch FCS mode manually?

Ok i think thats it. Thanks.

When i switch ammo to what the TC orders i can hit the target exactly.

But for non-tutorial missions: how so i switch FCS mode manually?

Hopp to the Cmd seat...change the ammo, then index the right ammo in the gunners seat.