A Bridge to Far Campaign Scenario

JohnO

I'm going to be using this thread for questions on how to build a scenario.

First question is on map sizes of the battle.

1. What is the max map size that can be used?

2. What is the recommended map size for a battle?

Screenshot shows the AO for the battles.

Campaign_Map.jpg

Edited by JohnO

• Members

With the classroom version, up to 120x100km² are possible, both in the map editor and in a scenario. SB Pro PE is limited to about 25x25km² per scenario.

May I cite a spontaneous comment from Dejawolf, as we were sightseeing the terrain in this map (after he complained that the terrain didn't look particularly realistic etc.):

Man, this landscape looks like Steel Beasts!

With the classroom version, up to 120x100km² are possible, both in the map editor and in a scenario. SB Pro PE is limited to about 25x25km² per scenario.

May I cite a spontaneous comment from Dejawolf, as we were sightseeing the terrain in this map (after he complained that the terrain didn't look particularly realistic etc.):

Thanks, I seem to only get 23km x 23km in size when using the Mission Editor.

2. What is the recommended map size for a battle?

I would say it depends on how you, as the scenario designer, wants to shape the battle. If you want to leave it open for maneuver, then use a larger area. This can lead to some unpredictability as the CO may come up with a plan that you hadn't anticipated. If you want a bit more control, then a smaller area would be the way to go.

I would say it depends on how you, as the scenario designer, wants to shape the battle. If you want to leave it open for maneuver, then use a larger area. This can lead to some unpredictability as the CO may come up with a plan that you hadn't anticipated. If you want a bit more control, then a smaller area would be the way to go.

The only size I can get is only 23km x 23km when makeing the scenario. Is that what you mean by using a larger map or is there something I'm doing wrong when selecting the size of the area?

The ammo info is supposed to represent some intelligence from the S2 shop. Assuming that you fight an organized and well equipped enemy, you would probably get such an estimate in real life. Occasionally, at least.

ok, that I agree. What about the report what goes in that? When I select it there isn't anything in it. I read TFM and didn't see anything about it.

SBProPEcm2011-01-2917-39-43-69.jpg

Don't worry about the report option. In the mission editor, that option is replaced by "summ." i.e. summary. Whatever you type in there will appear in the righthand text box when you chose to play a mission as an "Offline Session".

Thanks Tacbat. I'm working on the PzBrig 21 OOB which will be only PzBtl 211 and PzGrenBtl 212 and will post it.