Don't shot

mp96

• Moderators

Well, not sure - maybe dta Delta can give you more info if he has seen them shoot at the infantry in that scenario (since he made the scenario and has probably played it many times). I can tell you though: the AI will need to see the units to shoot at them. They will not just fire up the town without specifically seeing or knowing the exact location of enemy troops in the buildings.

The way around this is to use the Suppress tactic (from the map, make sure you put the LOS "bubble" on the target area) or Shoot Here command (from the 3D world). By using that properly, you can tell your units to fire on a given area. If you told all the units in that company to do that to the town then I think it would make it very difficult for the enemy to move around in there...

Give me a grid of where this is happening at. In this scenario there are troops well out of some vehicles engagement range. They may see them but will not engage them. Thats what the airstrikes are for. When we tested this scenario many times and I made this based on other players suggestions. Sometimes it is better to shoot the enemy yourself instead of the AI. Just let me know the grid and I will check it out for you. Thanks :gun:

• Members

I should say though that we recently found a bug that sometimes prevented units from detecting infantry in position. This may be a contributing factor.

You can use Shift+Lase to tell your current unit about enemy presence. Hold Shift and the Lase button, move the red cursor star on the target, and release the lase button. You may want to do this several times in close proximity if the target is small. If you happen to hit an enemy with this method its presence will be announced to units on your side, and they will spend more time to look in that direction - which in turn increases the detection likelihood significantly.