BRAVE RIFLES -MP COOP Campaign mission 3

Zipuli

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can check the mission file, I can't remember the numbers... MANY! =) The enemy performed well, like planned. Timing with artillery barrage and unit movement went OK, and the enemy was respectable this time, not a pushover like last one!

I can PM you the red and blue side passwords if you want to take a look.

Just got back from work and the first thing I did, well second thing I did (open up a beer), enter the passwords and OMG how long did it take you to plot all those routes?

You can check the mission file, I can't remember the numbers... MANY! =) The enemy performed well, like planned. Timing with artillery barrage and unit movement went OK, and the enemy was respectable this time, not a pushover like last one!

I can PM you the red and blue side passwords if you want to take a look.

The Archenemy (Soviets) is many things, Subtle is not on the list.

(the list NOT the_List **All Hail the_List**)

I see I've been replaced by Squid :(

(How did he do?)

And I'm thinking of a follow on campaign.

Could I have peek at Soviet planning?

Actually I did Squat Hedgehunter (Also I doubt I could replace myself at the moment ;)) . After being chuffed to bits with being assigned as Fist (although nervous at the amount of damage such firepower in my hands could potentially do to the democratic forces of good) the internet gods decided not to take the risk and I lost connection :(

Perhaps like others here though I grew up during the cold war of the 80's (me and my best friend even created a secret club to deal with the ruskies when they invaded :nuke:) and having been facinated by the subject ever since it was incredible to actually see a full blown russian assault ala doctrine being played out in SBP.

Made me start reading Red Storm Rising again ;)

• Members

I had a similarly defining moment in the early days of SB development, probably 1998. I had a fully functional mission editor for the first time where I could freely create units and routes, and needless to say, the first thing I do is to create a lemming rush with as much artillery and vehicles as I can (we just had green and yellow sprite based M1s back then), expecting to simply crash SB.

But no - I brought my 486 DX4 100 (Pentium 133?) to a crawling two to four frames per second (with artillery, and 20 frames without), and for the first time I experienced the stun and indecision from just. too. many. targets. in sight!

All my training in the army had not prepared me for this. I was just staring with open mouth at that avalanche of yellow-painted steel rolling towards me. Wow. At that moment I knew we had something truly special.

It took some 4 hours to plot the routes, another few with testing and fixing... I am so used to using SB editor nowadays, that things happen fast =)

Hedge, you were not replaced, but after you dropped we needed an FO, though Squid dropped in the mission start, so no luck there either... Hope to see you next mission, and Squid too, back in a fighting role!

Single player. They killed me. How can destroy of red?

Keep your distance to the enemy at around 2500-3500m, use your TIS and TOW-2s... DON'T GET HIT BY THE ARTILLERY ("The God of War" as they say in Russia). Pull back before the enemy can overwhelm you. Move!

Keep your distance to the enemy at around 2500-3500m, use your TIS and TOW-2s... DON'T GET HIT BY THE ARTILLERY ("The God of War" as they say in Russia). Pull back before the enemy can overwhelm you. Move!

How about about splitting them up and "motti" them unit by unit...Zip, you should know the drill ;-)