T-72B 3 Color Camo v1.0

dpabrams

This is the T-72B, which began production in 1985. In the late 80's the Soviets adopted a 3 color camo, similiar to MERDC camo. Production T-72B's were painted in an overall Soviet olive drab No 2, with swaths of light sand and blotches of black. This unit carries the 2nd Guards Tamanskaya MRR insignia, from a plate in the T-72 Main Battle Tank 1974-1993 New Vanguard book. In the book the 3 color looks very brown and drab but I have included a more traditional dark green camo version also. Vision blocks and sight glass has also been added.

Pete

1.jpg.3578db45a31f1e5c61b85933f0d75453.j

2.jpg.47e00501c747015276ab06120580f218.j

3.jpg.917498cf4917810b30771ed6a87ebd51.j

1.jpg.3578db45a31f1e5c61b85933f0d75453.j

2.jpg.47e00501c747015276ab06120580f218.j

3.jpg.917498cf4917810b30771ed6a87ebd51.j

These all look great but is there a possibility of standardising them?

The BMP one readme talks about removing "the _woodland from the file extension" which I guess means "bmp-2_woodland.dds" becomes "bmp-2.dds" (.dds is the file extension by the way).

But what is "rusMSL_woodland.dds" for?

The Leo 2A4 one which is named "leopard2a4_woodland.dds" has no such note so I guess that goes in with the name unchanged?

Nor does the Marder.

The M2A2 reverts back to "removing "the _woodland from the file extension" ....

And the T-72 one has no notes at all?

If you look in your main SB folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\textures\woodland) you'll see a list of all the woodland textures used so you can see what the file names should be when you put the new skins in your mods folders.

The rusMSL.dds looks to be the skin for the missile on the BMP-2.

These all look great but is there a possibility of standardising them?

I take for granted that at this stage, everyone knows how to install mods. There are some threads on the topic and I can see where some may have trouble getting familiar with the file system and file names. Then there is removing file name extensions so that you can actually replace the skins in the game. I will come up with a boiler plate doc for the next releases.

Pete

It makes it much easier if you define which files are which by using the folder structure in the zipfile, and not adding extraneous additions to the filenames:

Deltadta T72B Skins 2011-2-2\

Woodland\

T72B woodland.jpg (folder image showing skin on vehicle in game - optional but useful)

T72B.dds

(track.dds)

Desert\

T72B desert.jpg (folder image showing skin on vehicle in game - optional but useful)

T72B.dds

(track.dds)

etc

For a player usable vehicle.

<My> M1 Skins 2011-2-2\

Woodland Green\

M1 woodland green.jpg (folder image showing skin on vehicle in game - optional but useful)

M1.dds

M1-Roof.dds

(track.dds)

Woodland MERDC\

M1 woodland MERDC.jpg (folder image showing skin on vehicle in game - optional but useful)

M1.dds

M1-Roof.dds

(track.dds)

Desert\

M1 desert.jpg (folder image showing skin on vehicle in game - optional but useful)

M1.dds

M1-Roof.dds

(track.dds)

etc

Awesome skins Abrams, big salute. Just one question, WTFAU????

Funny you ask. I just bought Tommy and Quadrophenia from the Who, Oh and it's Hard too. I am jus a guy who was always happiest fiddling with tanks. Plastic, cardboard or pixels. But I stand on the shoulders of giants when I take my crayons to a masterpiece that some man has already created. I call it superdetailing.

Pete

Writing detailed instructions for replacing files is tedious and I would much rather "mod" than write up instructions and create elaborate folders and file names. If you are going to install mod's you have an obligation to make some effort to learn the file and folder system. There is plenty of information in the "How to install Mod's" thread. Take the time to read it, practice and play around with it. Just remember to BACK UP your changes. In the interest of letting everyone enjoy my labors, I will include instructions. Users should get comfortable changing and deleting file name extensions.

Pete

Writing detailed instructions for replacing files is tedious and I would much rather "mod" than write up instructions and create elaborate folders and file names. If you are going to install mod's you have an obligation to make some effort to learn the file and folder system. There is plenty of information in the "How to install Mod's" thread. Take the time to read it, practice and play around with it. Just remember to BACK UP your changes. In the interest of letting everyone enjoy my labors, I will include instructions. Users should get comfortable changing and deleting file name extensions.

Pete

I’m more than comfortable with the prerequisites you “require”.

However what I expect is a certain consistency from a given modder (e.g. yourself).

So if I download something from Mr. X I know the way they do things and can install accordingly because they are consistent.

My issue with your work to date is that its totally random. Each mod from the same author has had a different structure / guidelines, etc.

So if you are going to add “woodland” to file names please do it to EVERY woodland Mod.

And by the way.

Users should get comfortable changing and deleting file name extensions.

Pete

Asking people to remove “woodland” from a filename is not editing an extension.

The name extension, just for your education, is the three letter suffix after the decimal point which tells the operating system which application it is linked to.

However what I expect is a certain consistency from a given modder (e.g. yourself).My issue with your work to date is that its totally random. Each mod from the same author has had a different structure / guidelines, etc.

The name extension, just for your education, is the three letter suffix after the decimal point which tells the operating system which application it is linked to.

Just the condescending reply I would expect from a man who has to put “Oh, I am a Major" as his signature. I will name my files as I please. What is you chaps say, “Improvise, adapt and overcome”? You reserve the right not to upload them.

Just the condescending reply I would expect from a man who has to put “Oh, I am a Major" as his signature. I will name my files as I please. What is you chaps say, “Improvise, adapt and overcome”? You reserve the right not to upload them.

No, that’s attributed to the United States Marine Corps actually.

• 3 weeks later...