ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead British Armed Forces vs SB Pro PE

mp96

In the quote you use I meant "they" being casualties, not the unit as a whole if that's what you thought it meant.

To clarify, I don't have any first hand experience of this, I was going off reports/statistics that units that started taking serious casualties (double digit percents) would be progressively more suppressed and occupied with the wounded.

If they have say 70% casualties, not only would most guys be down, the remaining would be either try to tend to casualties or cover those who were. With more casualties than remaining men, it would seem difficult for them to do anything else. Taking one casualty on the other hand might force them to stop for a short while and occupy one or two guys.

As I said this isn't from experience or anything, so if I got it all wrong, please feel free to correct me. I'd appreciate it.

i suppose it depends on whether the casualties are dead or wounded.

in this area a good damage model system would be beneficial, since it would allow to

decide whether a soldier is dead, dying, or wounded.

a damage model would also be able to take into consideration body armour.

the US army is currently fielding body armour proof against 7.62mm rounds,

and the US CVC tank commander helmet is also proof against 7.62mm.

Arma 2 has a lot to be said for it. Graphically and in many other ways its excellent.

Where it falls down (IMHO) is all the vehicles (including aircraft) are very arcade like and the lack of good serious games. Usually it devolves into a COD like experiance on a larger map.

That said I dont think there is anyone that wouldnt mind seeing an advance in the graphics engine of SBP

So not true about a COD like experience on larger maps. I,ve had some of the most realistic experiences with Arma2 + Acre and ACE addons (a realitic radio communication addon) and ACE (Advanced combat invirement) when playing on-line with a VU called USSOCOM http://www.sfod-delta.com/. What ACE and Acre do is add even more realism in the form of expert simulated weapons and features and a simulated short and long range radio based on Teamspeak. Dont underestimate ArmaII when combined with these addons. ArmaII is even good out of the box and comes closest to a combat simulater that ive ever seen. Because its so well rounded in the form of offering many playable platforms into a single product compremiseds had to be made in the form of cutting a little back on some of the realism for some of the vehicles of aircraft etc etc. But still it does an extremly good job. Esspecially when combined with Ace and Acre. which offers the the game some more realism on the systems and weapons platforms. Offcourse it never comes close to SBP in terms of tank-combat and such because SBP simply is based souly on tank and mechanized warfare. But still to say is like COD or BF2 or such on larger maps simply doesnt deserve it. I dare you to give it a shot with all the addons and on-line play and you will not be let down. Just dont expect the tank-combat to be anything like SBP but still it does an extremly good job in regards to tank-warfare. If you like Special ops warfare and such give it a go.

Also about the everlasting the discussion that eyecandy could not ever deliver a good simulation is absolute Bullsh*t. I dont understand why people are so convinced about this. ArmaII is an exellent example of a good simulater which combines realistic simulation game-play with good "eyecandy" even though in the first place its a infantry simulater. I know that SBP doesnt have or never will a have such a big dev team or a buget like the ArmaII dev team has , i still think people have to stop crying about this.

In the quote you use I meant "they" being casualties, not the unit as a whole if that's what you thought it meant.

To clarify, I don't have any first hand experience of this, I was going off reports/statistics that units that started taking serious casualties (double digit percents) would be progressively more suppressed and occupied with the wounded.

If they have say 70% casualties, not only would most guys be down, the remaining would be either try to tend to casualties or cover those who were. With more casualties than remaining men, it would seem difficult for them to do anything else. Taking one casualty on the other hand might force them to stop for a short while and occupy one or two guys.

As I said this isn't from experience or anything, so if I got it all wrong, please feel free to correct me. I'd appreciate it.[/QUOT

What type of injuries?:confused:

Can they still fight,walk, talk:confused:

If they have minor injuries then one man for every casualties is not required, so the medic can take car of the most needed.

That 1 man for every casualties is not true in every case, not now a days , we are trained to help ourselves much more and carry more aid equipment.

Time to rethink the 1 for 1 rule.:)

• Members

While I hate euphemisms when it comes to military speak (war should be called war and not a "robust mandate for stabilization"), it may still be useful in this discussion to talk about "incapacitation" rather than "casualty". This is what the "death flip" in SB Pro is supposed to indicate. It's an injury that is severe enough to prevent a continuation of the fight for that individual. There are of course examples of soldiers who, despite severe injuries kept fighting (especially from MOH and VC citations). But these aren't the norm (these medals, after all, are given in recognition of exceptional deeds).

So, "typically" a rate of 40% incapacitation is a good rule of thumb to indicate that an infantry squad is no longer combat effective - at least not until after the incapacitated team members have been transported off to the rear. To which extent this also has an effect on morale is anyone's guess. Military history seems to indicate exceptional granularity in fighting spirit after suffering losses. Some units fought to the last man, some surrendered after minimal losses and while still equipped well with ammunition and in not too shabby positions ... and anything in between.

• 1 month later...

Need modeling destroy of Milan 2 etc. After the hit in Milan 2, he works and kill me.

SB Pro PE are abstract game. NO crews, NO destroy objects, NO craters, NO holes from shells, NO Somali pirates etc.

SS_21_22_33.jpg.f60713aaa80610db1cd5e731

SS_22_21_55.jpg.96d0253131de40000370bb83

SS_21_22_33.jpg.f60713aaa80610db1cd5e731

SS_22_21_55.jpg.96d0253131de40000370bb83

One thing: SB is NOT a GAME!

Yes, SB Pro PE simulator for real tankers.

In GAME realise best training.

More reality.

War a GAME without rules.

Somali pirates = natives of Africa.

Make destroyable Milan 2 etc!

How old are you ? Or are you just kidding??

Every Conflict has his Rules, even the one ashore Somalia...

One Rule is to know his Enemy and why and what he did what he did:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCUQ8ggwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftranslate.google.com%2Ftranslate%3Fhl%3Dde%26langpair%3Den%257Cde%26u%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fafp.google.com%2Farticle%2FALeqM5gVV_gQDsp1m8v7nPcumVc5McYV-Q&ei=7U-TTaXEO8_k4AbF9fmwAg&usg=AFQjCNGSmmmFTU_uhNzXzi5z9wVsuVnVEA

And what is the Prob. with the Milan ? I try it 5 Times and shot them 10 Times down, so what ??