BRAVE RIFLES Campaign mission(s) 4

Zipuli

Yeah we fancied a stroll, stretch our legs a bit.......

BANG! BANG! BANG! Booom!

"What the F**k was that?"

"Aw, Bollocks!"

Haven't had a chance to inspect the wreck yet........

Good thing the now dispanded Bandit callsign has its FO vehicle still alive... :) But lose that one and we DON'T have an FO vehicle.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this mission was fun.

BP5 was a real sweet spot, and the enemy has no/limited night fighting ability...it was like a fist-fight against a 12year old ;-)

(well, thanks to SB's limitations...otherwise reds arty would have fired so much illum, that we would have needed sunglasses)

Anyway 4/2/A had a field day...17 kills and no losses on our side.(exept 2 banged heads when hitting a tree)

Working together with 5/4/A was fun, hope for them too...Well, when I do the coms in english, its not allways up to mil standart :-(...I'll keep working on that, so next time we can coordinate our fires better. There have been a few times when our TOW hit just a second after 5/4/A's sabot round.

Edited by Grenny

What do you mean “your” M88s?

One of the damaged ones was “my” C TP vehicle (never a A TP asset).

Can’t comment about the one lost during the breaching operation though. ;)

This argument if futile, as they all belong to the army and not to you 8-)

(I don't even want to mention the taxpayer here!)

Well I guess there will be an incentive for the workshops guys to fix them promptly at least. :)

I never cease to be amazed when line vehicles take forever to be be fixed but the maintenance guys can always get theirs to the front of the queue (for tactically vital stuff like getting a microwave fitter, etc.) :D

Well I guess there will be an incentive for the workshops guys to fix them promptly at least. :)

I never cease to be amazed when line vehicles take forever to be be fixed but the maintenance guys can always get theirs to the front of the queue (for tactically vital stuff like getting a microwave fitter, etc.) :D

Well, as they say: the cook never goes hungry ;-)

Good thing the now dispanded Bandit callsign has its FO vehicle still alive... :) But lose that one and we DON'T have an FO vehicle.

We still have 1A's Dismount FO team.

They just need a lift to the next AO and a shady spot to setup.

I don't know if Zipuli has written off 1A yet....

But the rounds actually hit on the rear right quater, so everything but the engine & associated running gear is, um, broken, as far as I could tell.

Needs a new Driver though.

(My opinion, it looks at least mobile, but Peri, TIS, Radio etc is totalled. So it could be used as a taxi for 1A FO team.)

Oh god, I leave you guys alone with my M88's and you get them destroyed and badly damaged... :cry:

That was a very tricky Situation when the M88 get´s lost.

There should be a breach in that Minefield, but I spotted one damaged M 113 AND this ugly little black Cans and stop my Plt M1´s.

In that Moment the 88´er runs aside in the Minefield, BUMMMMMMM.

I think he didn't see my red Light....

I don't know if Zipuli has written off 1A yet....

But the rounds actually hit on the rear right quater, so everything but the engine & associated running gear is, um, broken, as far as I could tell.

Needs a new Driver though.

(My opinion, it looks at least mobile, but Peri, TIS, Radio etc is totalled. So it could be used as a taxi for 1A FO team.)

It's written off, as it was burned up... The M113 from Bandit is given to 1/A, the interior needs to be washed off blood first, as the Bandit FO got hit while unbuttoned. So the vehicle will arrive along with the ammo trucks, but it'll take some time to get to Apache, and there is the perilous journey to take :)

Was nice to finish up a battle and not be in panic mode. This Victory is what We needed to raise our morale after takeing it hard in the last 3 battles. We took advantage of the night and did what was expected of us under the circumstances. The Breaching opperation did not go as planned but Breaching at night in the woods with damaged vehicles that need to be removed from the mine field is not somthing that gets much practice. In the briefing A troop was to clear the bridges near the OBJ. I am glad Tiger Actual called the attack on the bridges off near the end and told us to prepare to bypass and continue East. Now just have to wait for supply trucks to get here so we can rearm/reload as much as possible before we go again. I am sure zipuli will take steps to make our next battle not so smooth.

Not sure but the AAR might be in TS in the in game blue channel file browser. I will remember to Take a screen shot of my plan graphics next time to post here so those watching the video will have a better Idea what is going on.

To everyone that participated great job. I have nothing but full confidence in all participants, even the newer players and those I have not played with prior to this Campaign. Outstanding!

Here is a screen shot of the Graphics for Battle 4. Alot of the Places mentioned in the video are marked such as route's, BP's, PL Rock, LRP's1,2,3, the Breaching point in the mine field. Should help give a better idea of the placement of units and how it went down.

SS_22_18_20.jpg.92cd7e95556639894c28aef7

SS_22_18_20.jpg.92cd7e95556639894c28aef7

May I kindly ask for future videos to briefly insert a few seconds of the map view now and then while the mission is in progress?

That might make it easier for those who didn't participate to track the progress of the session.

Yes you may.

In most videos there are clips of the map view, I didn't use for this one as the lenght went over the 20 minutes marker anyways and my movie maker was in trouble allready =)