BRAVE RIFLES Campaign mission(s) 4

Zipuli

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to ditch out from tonights game. just returned from a weekend in the field and get the message I must work tonight, so its bedtime now and work whole night... gory gory...

Ouch.. Extra support units to control this week to. Anyone want to fill KT's position this week?

Here is the scenario file for tonight's campaign mission. Get it here before joining the server, thanks!

Added a trigger to allow C Troop to be under human control, if Gibson joins the session!

Thanks the picquet just woke me.

0400 here and alls well. :)

Edited by Gibsonm

This one went pretty smooth! Good plan, good execution of the plan. Well done all! And best of all, it was stable with 17-18 players :)

For those who got annoyed by me hopping from tank to tank sitting on the gunner's seat, I was filming for the video, so I bet you can forgive that :). Otherwise all video would've been grainy NVG stuff.

Good mission! Nice to try a mission at night for a change, especially with the new NVG's.

Yeah, it felt like 3ACR in Desert Storm. We ruled the night with the TI. Though bet the enemy will adapt somehow, don't cha think? ;)

Also bet he won't leave the forest roads unattended next time?

Something strange happened in this one too:

The first On map Counter Battery fire mission.

My Blue Mech Arty Placeholders (7/A), engaging Eny Mech Placeholders.

Did someone refer to the FST/FOOTAC as Shelldrake Actual?

SS_21_01_15.jpg.a0b302967354973abd65ccac

SS_21_02_45.jpg.5ae79133c8f600cb81f5b816

SS_21_01_15.jpg.a0b302967354973abd65ccac

SS_21_02_45.jpg.5ae79133c8f600cb81f5b816

Edited by Hedgehog
Screenies!

First mission for me and it was great. I couldn't hear half the orders from 3/A because it seem to me there was allot of stepping on. Plus I found out about the speed I was using when moving. I was using march speed when I should of been using assault speed when moving my tank.

First mission for me and it was great. I couldn't hear half the orders from 3/A because it seem to me there was allot of stepping on. Plus I found out about the speed I was using when moving. I was using march speed when I should of been using assault speed when moving my tank.

You did well! Good teamplay! These little details you learn while doin' it. See you next sunday!

The whole squadron lost in this mission:

1x M1 Abrams (C Troop), lost to RPG fire

1x M88 (A Troop) + 1x M88 heavily damaged (C Troop), both to mines

1x M113FO (A Troop), FO team survived, lost to HMG fire

Enemy lost a mech battalion's worth of vehicles (T-62, T-72B, BMP-1, ZIL) + infantry, though most of the infantry remained alive. But without vehicles and hiding in the towns we managed to bypass them easily. Other kills include a number of mortar vehicles, ATGM vehicles and Tunguskas.

TIS rules. Last weekend was avenged :D

Video to follow later this week.

Hmm luckily I did some pre planning on the personal front.

Whilst in contact the ‘phone rang and the Misses left a message saying “thank you” for the flowers (it being the morning of Valentine’s Day here).

I could just imagine the sh*t storm from GOC Home Command if I’d forgotten and said I was playing a wargame. :)

The whole squadron lost in this mission:

1x M1 Abrams (C Troop), lost to RPG fire

1x M88 (A Troop) + 1x M88 heavily damaged (C Troop), both to mines

1x M113FO (A Troop), FO team survived, lost to HMG fire

Sorry to miss this week, guys. Family requirement had to be addressed. However, it looks like Tacbat and 12A did a pretty good job with the tanks of 5/A: well done! I fully expect to be on line next Sunday: fingers crossed! :thumbup:

Though bet the enemy will adapt somehow, don't cha think? ;)

Yeah, I guess they'll be calling in illum all night long now.

Maybe something for SB to add down the road, but maybe units that can't see in the dark could use the "supress" fire control against the area where the muzzle flashes are coming from. Their accuracy could improve with the number of shots taken at them, provided they survive long enough.

...it looks like Tacbat and 12A did a pretty good job with the tanks of 5/A: well done! I fully expect to be on line next Sunday: fingers crossed! :thumbup:

Yeah, it went smoothly. We've been reassigned the 3/A callsign. Good to hear that you'll be around next week, because I'll be off doing other things.