Russian Army

mp96

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hardly so. Railguns in laboratories exist since the 1980s, and even discounting the apparent 15 years lag of Russian lab results behind those of the US, the fundamental problem remains that nobody has found a way yet to make them practical on land. The best possible case is the system demonstrator of the US Navy, but again that's still a far cray from being ready tot be fielded and used in combat. We will have a new era two years after the first ship has been regularly equipped with such a gun and no reports of teething problems surface.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members
Dog food for soldiers ...

Russian soldiers are dogs. Victory Day 9 may.

Hey, at least it's "super premium" dog food (I hope it was at least fresh...?)

Sadly, discussing what may be the contributing factors to this would probably be a violation of the "no politics" rule of this forum, so I'm not sure what else to write here except cracking stale jokes about a blatant scandal.

Treating conscript soldiers as worthless cannon fodder may help to harden the troops, but it doesn't help to train them in a professional manner.

Those are beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing them, mp96! Back in the 90's it seemed to me as if all Russian hardware were inferior in build quality compared to Western stuff from what I can tell in photos available to me then. But these contemporary pictures make me realize that this may well have been due to very poor photos. Now, in those pics, those Russian armor look just like any European stuff. I like the BMP2 in particular. What an awesome IFV!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...